Poll: What Guitar Would you like to see resurrected?

What guitar would you like to see resurrected?

• Hollowbody I/II (No Piezo)

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Custom 22/24 Semi Hollow (With F Hole)

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Custom 24 Stop Tail

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • Other (list in comments below!)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Just to add...if I had to pick one of the listed guitars....The CU22 semi hollow F hole would be it. IMO, thats one of the finest guitars PRS has ever put out. Exceptional tone.

Oof, tough choice between the Custom 24 Semi-Hollow and the CE-24 Alder.

Isn't that pretty much a DGT?
I could probably get along with a DGT just fine. I just prefer the wide fat to the thinner nut width of a regular/DGT/Pattern Regular. If all my guitars were one or the other I would be happy, it's just switching back and forth gets me sometimes. Like if I play my regular neck Mira all week and then pick up my CU22 on the weekend I notice the difference in string spacing, my chording is off slightly for a few minutes. This is totally a first world problem and it's really not that bad.

Could I get a Hollowbody (I) (if I'm right in thinking that that's the one with the mahogany, one-piece-back-and-sides "of a piece" ("tonally-carved", I think Gibson called the technique, which was finally used, IIRC, on the CS-336/ES-336)), with a blue-stained, figured spruce top, and post-2007 wiring, with a .033uf tone cap, and 53/10 pickups? -The adjustable (piezo) bridge is a must, and the wiring for it as well (though the battery could be disconnected 95% of the time AFAIAC).

-Just asking. [As that's my dream guitar!]

CE 22 & 24 in both alder and alder/maple. Full carve - I'll pay the extra. Maple fretboard option is a must. Dots is fine.

If I had to choose just one of those CE24 alder/maple.

I could probably get along with a DGT just fine. I just prefer the wide fat to the thinner nut width of a regular/DGT/Pattern Regular. If all my guitars were one or the other I would be happy, it's just switching back and forth gets me sometimes. Like if I play my regular neck Mira all week and then pick up my CU22 on the weekend I notice the difference in string spacing, my chording is off slightly for a few minutes. This is totally a first world problem and it's really not that bad.

Totally didn't think of the neck carve. Good point! I concur on the switching; I really don't mind any of the PRS neck carves, but I agree that you certainly do notice the change if you play a few songs with a wide fat and the go to a regular carve.

An Archtop Spruce would be fabulous, especially if it had two tone and two volume controls. I'm thinking a big, updated ES-175, but with PRS quality. And throw in a piezo option, please.

CE. Saw one yesterday in Ft Myers FL GC. It was one of the dupont paint royal blue ones. The dupont ones were the best. Solid colors. Dots. No frills get the job done guitar.

Back