Please welcome me

sadmoodyfrazier

First post here because I'm entering the PRS family. I've just ordered an SE Custom 24 Burled ash. My first PRS and I've never played a PRS before. But I believe I'll love it. I'll have her in a couple of days. I've sent back 2 hardly defective Strats and I've decided to go with PRS. I hope i will have a good fretboard, no finish flaws, straight screws, a good looking top. In other words a guitar which is worth the about 1000 euros price payed. I'm very tired of the "meh" feeling of other brands. There is always a dead spot on fretboard, a strange countersunk screw, a poorly made pickup and so on...

4o0a4697_5d2da3cac4.jpg

Congratulations on the graduation and the the new guitar! I’m a little jealous, I haven’t bought a new PRS in almost 2 years. I’ve never had an SE Custom 24 but like many others on the forum I’ve owned several PRS’s. I’ve loved all of them. Hopefully this will be the first of many for you.

Welcome aboard, and it looks a stunning guitar :)

am a new PRS convert too having received my Peacock Burst Hollowbody II Piezo a couple of weeks ago only to discover that the bridge was faulty and have German Thom;) awaiting a replacement before giving it a full QC inspection and shipping it back to me.

for the week i had it in my hands it was an amazing instrument and i am sure you will enjoy yours equally.

congrats on the graduation too, and post some pics when she finally arrives:D

Welcome. Hopefully your new SE will meet your requirements. PRS is generally very, very consistent in its quality. Some have reported some aberrations lately in the SE line, but I would worry less for the most part. But I have also found Fender to be very consistent quality wise too. So maybe your standards are just very high - nothing wrong with that. The S2 and Core lines are more likely to have the top notch quality you want, but I wouldn't hesitate to get an SE myself (and might do so very soon). Generally, I can overlook flaws, if a guitar plays well, and the tone is good. Sometimes the biggest issue isn't even the quality, but just things you can't control - like whether the shape of the neck is right for your hands. I personally feel that is the #1 issue, and sometimes it takes years to figure out what you really like.

For example, I have a Pattern Regular shape on my S2 CU 24, then got a CE24 which is wide thin, thinking I'd like it better. But I actually prefer a slightly chunkier neck now. I can and do play both, but I'm finding, slowly, what I prefer more. Nothing to do with the quality, just what fits best, and likely that's what you'll find with your new guitar - which is a real beauty btw.

Welcome aboard!! The SE's are great guitars I have a Soap Bar II, and a Pauls Guitar. They are both great. I did have a core CU 24, but I just never really bonded with it, so I sold it. Great top by the way

Thanks to u all. I'll update all of u. She shall be delivered in a couple of days. I hope I'll bond with my new Custom 24.

Back