Pimp My Special!!!

What the??!! I mean....!! Wibble, wobble, big yellow baby!!

Congrats man, that’s outstanding and much cred to @docteurseb colour matching from pics! Not an easy task!

These weren't color matched from pics for once.
I briefly got a pre-owned Special 22 from @Brian G 's anniversary run and started making stained backplates, tuner buttons, and couple TRCs for it before realizing the Special 22 SH wasn't my cup of tea.

Sold the guitar w/o the backplates and tuners buttons. I still have that set of tuner buttons but made a new set for @Tosca; at the time it wasn't clear if I was going to sell the guitar with the tuner buttons or not).

That Iceberg Fade finish can look very different on pictures, I think Tosca's top being lighter colored than mine ends up being a much better match for his guitars than mine, although there's lots of room for not being exact:

v2bmIUM.jpg

pEne9kn.jpg

5v1Edg2.jpg

7hJ0TrK.jpg

Fun fact: I made the TRCs for that guitar to match the grain as closely as possible:
XwoQaBr.jpg

I made one natural one, the wood happened to be the exact same colors. And two stained ones:
jiUoMCL.jpg

Hey @Andrew Paul , that orange stuff looks familiar ;-)
wtRRsjv.jpg

These weren't color matched from pics for once.
I briefly got a pre-owned Special 22 from @Brian G 's anniversary run and started making stained backplates, tuner buttons, and couple TRCs for it before realizing the Special 22 SH wasn't my cup of tea.

Sold the guitar w/o the backplates and tuners buttons. I still have that set of tuner buttons but made a new set for @Tosca; at the time it wasn't clear if I was going to sell the guitar with the tuner buttons or not).

That Iceberg Fade finish can look very different on pictures, I think Tosca's top being lighter colored than mine ends up being a much better match for his guitars than mine, although there's lots of room for not being exact:

v2bmIUM.jpg

pEne9kn.jpg

5v1Edg2.jpg

7hJ0TrK.jpg

Fun fact: I made the TRCs for that guitar to match the grain as closely as possible:
XwoQaBr.jpg

I made one natural one, the wood happened to be the exact same colors. And two stained ones:
jiUoMCL.jpg

Hey @Andrew Paul , that orange stuff looks familiar ;-)
wtRRsjv.jpg

Well stellar work as always!

Dude, @Tosca !!! Congratulations, man !!! Seriously, I cannot stop looking at those pics. I'm going to go as far and say this is one of the top 3 most beautiful guitars I've seen in my life.

Are the black countersunk pickup rings a PRS part? I'd like to buy a set of them for my Floyd Custom 24.

Are the black countersunk pickup rings a PRS part? I'd like to buy a set of them for my Floyd Custom 24.

They are, but not a standalone part they sell. They are included if you buy rings (they include gold ones as well) or truss rod covers.

They are, but not a standalone part they sell. They are included if you buy rings (they include gold ones as well) or truss rod covers.
Thank you for responding!

So these are not the same part?
https://www.pitbullaudio.com/prs-paul-reed-smith-acc-4261-b-pickup-rings-humbucker-black-2.html

I was hoping something like this was......I just need the flat ones with the countersunk pickup height adjusting screw holes.

I tried ordering wood rings from Guilford but absolutely no communication and no response after 10 days, even after I paid on reverb. Ridiculously bad service.

Thank you for responding!

So these are not the same part?
https://www.pitbullaudio.com/prs-paul-reed-smith-acc-4261-b-pickup-rings-humbucker-black-2.html

I was hoping something like this was......I just need the flat ones with the countersunk pickup height adjusting screw holes.

I tried ordering wood rings from Guilford but absolutely no communication and no response after 10 days, even after I paid on reverb. Ridiculously bad service.

Sorry those are the correct ones, I misread your question (early morning lol) and thought you were interested in the countersunk screws only.

As far as Guildford, I would keep your grievances to yourself as this isn't the place to air them.

Back