Pimp My Special!!!

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
I picked up one of the awesome Brian’s 10th Anny Special Semihollows, and it has quickly become one of my favorites. Super resonant, and that smooth rosewood neck....just amazing guitar. Brian has done some incredible WL runs, and this ranks up there among the best. Maybe only 2% below a Brian’s private stock build. It’s hard to picture this could even be improved upon...or is it?

k0XPxJB.jpg

g062tai.jpg

s3D2tv6.jpg

Last edited:
But any of you who have followed the custom staining exploits of our own forum “Color-Lord” @docteurseb as I have...can imagine some extra bling for this beauty....

The package of goodies arrived today, packed to survive a nuclear blast.

Last edited:
Can’t say enough about the job Seb did on these.
They fit perfectly, match the colors from pics I sent him perfectly. He even sent updates on making these with pics and videos, every step of the way. He is a prince among men in my book.

So do you guys like my Special makeover?

Thanks @Tosca . Looks fantastic, it seems that the color is an even better match for your top than the pre-owned one I briefly had (loved the guitar except that middle pickup that somehow always seemed to be in the way).

I actually I happen to have a 2nd set of tuner buttons already stained in Iceberg Fade in a gradated color scheme that I removed from the guitar prior to selling it.
Those go to a very light glacier/light blue instead of going all the way to natural.

That is all 100% badass, but let’s put a spotlight on that HOT guitarmidor you’ve got. That is one bodacious crypt!

Yes...the display cases are great. I have two for electrics (as pictured), and two which are deeper for acoustics. I wired the remote controlled LED strips myself. Got the cases from this guy, great to deal with, lots of options and flexibility to get exactly what you want/need.

http://ozarkvalleydisplays.com/guitar-display-cases.html

Yes...the display cases are great. I have two for electrics (as pictured), and two which are deeper for acoustics. I wired the remote controlled LED strips myself. Got the cases from this guy, great to deal with, lots of options and flexibility to get exactly what you want/need.

http://ozarkvalleydisplays.com/guitar-display-cases.html

What's your lighting setup in that room ? Blacked out when not in use ? Just curious since PRS blues are a bit like vampires under daylight (to @sergiodeblanc 's delight)

What's your lighting setup in that room ? Blacked out when not in use ? Just curious since PRS blues are a bit like vampires under daylight (to @sergiodeblanc 's delight)
The display case has UV blocking plexiglass...and never gets direct sunlight as the windows to that room are under a second story deck with a full roof. Even with that...I never display blue guitars in the cases. They hang out in one of my windowless studio rooms.

Those control knobs ... clear?? I dunno man, black p/up rings, trem bar tip, and switch tip ... seems like black knobs are in order.

Frankly, judging from your obviously keen aesthetic acumen OP, I'm surprised they're not already there. ;):)

Back