PGD: DGT StopTail

That’s very cool. If this was an actual production model, I’d have one. Love the control layout.

It’s a regular DGT layout but Wildwood did a small PS run with 53/10 neck, DGT bridge, Stoptails and Sinker Mahogany neck. There might be 1 or two others floating around. They were like 1/2 the price of a regular PS but still out of my range.

It’s a regular DGT layout but Wildwood did a small PS run with 53/10 neck, DGT bridge, Stoptails and Sinker Mahogany neck. There might be 1 or two others floating around. They were like 1/2 the price of a regular PS but still out of my range.
I’m aware. I was referring to the stoptail part when talking regular production. There’s very few, less this run, that don’t have a trem. I comment on the control layout in most DGT threads as it’s my favorite on any PRS. Although if mine, mini toggle to coil tap.

I’m aware. I was referring to the stoptail part when talking regular production. There’s very few, less this run, that don’t have a trem. I comment on the control layout in most DGT threads as it’s my favorite on any PRS. Although if mine, mini toggle to coil tap.

I think I realized that a while after I posted that. :oops:

Mini toggles would be really nice on that one. And I do love how great the top looks.

Dark Peruvian hog has special sonic voodoo!

If I recall correctly, you own 3 from this one?

I remember one of these came up used for a crazy low price at the time but I had just bought another PS so no funds were available to go after it.

What is a Sinker Mahogany neck?
Oh it’s just a term once used to describe what is essentially dense mahogany. The term is no longer used nowadays. They use dark Peruvian mahogany to fulfil this space nowadays, I think..

Dark Peruvian hog has special sonic voodoo!

If I recall correctly, you own 3 from this one?

I remember one of these came up used for a crazy low price at the time but I had just bought another PS so no funds were available to go after it.
Yeah they were seen as “PS lite” by some in the day, cos they’re kinda understated cosmetically I suppose. But their tone is certainly heavyweight! Every one of them has almost identical tonal performance - which really makes me believe in the power of the wood. I mean, what else could make entire batches or runs behave so differently (and consistent within the run), when the manufacture process and design is the same?

Nowadays I kinda see it this way.

You need a good singer, a good microphone, and a good speaker. Hooking up a poor system to a good singer is gonna waste the singer’s talent, so you never want to downplay or be sloppy on that front. The best I could hope for though, is a system that 100% faithfully translates the singer’s voice, so there’s a kind of natural ceiling on that aspect. I can’t get 101%.

But once a while, when you come across a Freddie Mercury or a Steve Perry, man that is just an irreplaceable, unquantifiable, priceless quality.

Last edited:
Love everything about that one!

Not many guitars make me envious. This one does. OK, jealous. :rolleyes:

Back