Paisley case durability?

ESW

For anyone who has owned one of these for years and loaded it in and out of cars for band practice, shows, etc - does the fabric get torn up?

I don't own a paisley one but my black case is a tank in comparison to my Fender which is a Humvee,

Reactions: ESW
To clarify, I don't mean the structural integrity of the case - I just mean the fabric sides. I have a good sense of what sort of abuse tolex will take, but the fabric exterior is uncharted territory for me.

I tend to go to practice and gigs with gig bags.
The cases are awesome, and well built.
But... they are heavy and I prefer to keep them in pristine condition.
That wasn't always the "case" for me, as I used a standard PRS case for years, but no more.
I now have a gig bag that handles 2 guitars. Works for me.

A huge con with the paisley cases is that they look so good that I don’t really want to use them. I have two and still keep them in the shipping boxes they came in. I also have standard black tolex case that I use if I have to transport a guitar somewhere but I rarely play anywhere outside from home anymore.

I use my paisley cases. The material doesn't scuff and tear like Tolex if you scrape something against it. I've had zero problems with them. My oldest is from 2014, but I have several.

However, they've only gone to recording sessions in the back of a clean car, with at most, an amp head and pedalboard. Other than that, they get used in my home studio. I guess that's pretty light duty.

While I’ve put serious club gig wear on all of my guitars, and lots of damage to one HSC, I pumped the brakes on taking cool cases. Don’t have a paisley case, but I have a PS HSC and a white 25th anniversary case and they only go to posh gigs or practices. I imagine the nice cases make the guitar more of a theft risk than normal, too. Yes, that’s weird, I know.

While I’ve put serious club gig wear on all of my guitars, and lots of damage to one HSC, I pumped the brakes on taking cool cases. Don’t have a paisley case, but I have a PS HSC and a white 25th anniversary case and they only go to posh gigs or practices. I imagine the nice cases make the guitar more of a theft risk than normal, too. Yes, that’s weird, I know.

I do the same with my nice cases... I've got a beater PRS case, a beater Fender case, and two SE gig bags that I use for hauling all my guitars to gigs and practices... the only exceptions to this rule are my Hollowbody II and my Gretsch 6120, neither of which would fit in my lesser cases... My PRS 25th anniversary cases, my Fender vintage and tweed cases, or Gretsch Cowboy case all stay at home!!

Back