P90/P-90 guitar search

I have been on a Soapbar kick lately and my favorites are the SE Soapbar II / SE Soapbar II Maple from mid 2000s. You can snag them for around $500. Stock pickups are really good. Most of them are nice and light which is important for my ageing back. Strat-like forearm contour rocks as well. I have 3

And behold a great warm light broke through the Darkness , and the sweet chime and serious growl of the Soapy has spread Enlightenment again !!
Stray not into the land of skinny , thin sounding singles again.. Rejoice!!

Awesome! Looking forward to more, maybe Tampas Green, info.
You called it. It just looked too awesome. Checked all the right boxes, and it’s perfectly different enough from everything else I have that it made sense; didn’t want to let it get away!

You really piqued my curiosity. I spent well over a year looking for the right 594 Soapy Single Cut. By a freak perfect storm I ended up with a Knaggs Kenai Soapy SC (thanks again to greywolf for the inspiration) that I absolutely love. Hope you love your new guitar just as much.
Excellent. I’d been looking at the other brands for a while myself but hadn’t found anything in person that I liked; just luck of the draw. After looking at and considering so many from other brands I was glad to see at least a few from PRS that really seemed to be exactly what I like. Excited to make some noise with it soon!

There was a nice 1999 McCarty goldtop that sold fast for around 1800€ on Reverb last week... It was in Belgium and I was tempted...

by the way .. Gibby Soapbars are way cool .. after all they started the party , I have a 66 SG and 55 Special with them .. The 55 is a Holy Grail

n3wam0yfv3xasbufjcrj.jpg

by the way .. Gibby Soapbars are way cool .. after all they started the party , I have a 66 SG and 55 Special with them .. The 55 is a Holy Grail

n3wam0yfv3xasbufjcrj.jpg
Absolutely, and I probably should’ve specified that I just wasn’t thrilled with the current production options I could find (mostly studios in the $1k range). Ideally a Jr. or even an ES with the soapbars, but I’d have wanted to find something old and awesome. I did see one in a shop locally but it was north of the $10k range and I shamed myself out of even considering it.

Back