P90/P-90 guitar search

GoodeBrew

I have been in search of a nice P90 equipped guitar. I’ve looked at a handful of things but wasn’t quite sure what would fit the bill from PRS. I don’t have a laundry list of requirements, but I’ve become a fan of the 594 scale. I do like the pickup selector switch on the top horn of the body, like I have on my singlecut’s. Neck binding would be nice, but not a deal breaker.

That said, can anyone recommend some models that might be worth looking into? I’m realistically trying to stay under that couple/few thousand range.

I tried the search function, and it wouldn’t seem to let me search for P90 or P-90, so my apologies if this is an often posted topic.

There was a limited edition 594 soapbar released in about 2017. One of those from the used market might be exactly what you want. Search your favorite gear selling site(s) for "594 soapbar."

I’ve had an SE One, Custom 22 Triple Soap, and currently a Mira 25th Anniversary Soapbar. I absolutely love the Mira.

pWRbnvP.jpg

LNRSwU0.jpg

Br0E7CL.jpeg

Do P-Rails count? ;)

2J3ykOc.jpeg

I have 5 Soapbars, I would suggest the Custom 22 Triple soapy , they are IMO the best bang for the buck. A rosewood neck McSoapy is tonal nirvana. The 594's have the advantage of individual vol and tone .. while blasphemous you may also consider the Knaggs Kenai JR and the Kenai P90 as well as the Gibby SG and LP versions ..

I have 5 Soapbars, I would suggest the Custom 22 Triple soapy , they are IMO the best bang for the buck. A rosewood neck McSoapy is tonal nirvana. The 594's have the advantage of individual vol and tone .. while blasphemous you may also consider the Knaggs Kenai JR and the Kenai P90 as well as the Gibby SG and LP versions ..
Excellent, thanks for the recommendation. Reading through these posts, I can see that I was not using the ‘soapbar’ search correctly; one track mind focused on P90!

I live not terribly far from Collings, and have been considering going with their 290 line, but they’re quite pricey. Thought it’d be wise to at least see what’s out there from PRS before making a move.

I’ve had my eye on this one for quite a while. If I post it here I won’t be tempted, someone else might get it.;)

Collings makes some sweet guitars .. I've had my eye on this one for a while ...
uw4gx0guxbuxrplhhofw.jpg
That is gorgeous. I’d struggle to walk away if I got to actually try it. The price tags make me a little gun shy.

I think my guitar collection is numbering around 30 give or take. I’ve thought for a while about slimming down on what I have, and going with just a few really nice guitars like this, a 10-top or something along those lines. Could probably let go of a handful of Strat-like objects and give it a shot.

Cheers!
That is my 2018 594 Soapbar in Trampas Green.
Sweet mercy. Clearly I need this in my life. I’ve been without P90’s so long that I’d not thought to look up the term ‘soap bar’!

Found this one, looks beautiful. I’d better go down the neck shape rabbit hole to see if pattern vintage is similar to something that I have.

Back