P90/P-90 guitar search

I've been looking to pick up a McCarty 594, especially a soapbar model but haven't been able to play any. Love that green, was it a hard one to give up? Thoughts on the P90's?
I still own it, and LOVE it!
The P90s are a great pup. They go from lovely chimey cleans to full on dirty growl with little effort.
Highly recommended.

I still own it, and LOVE it!
The P90s are a great pup. They go from lovely chimey cleans to full on dirty growl with little effort.
Highly recommended.
Ive heard them described as having a vintage Gibson vibe to the sound. Would you agree? Being a McCarty this makes sense. I'm mainly looking for an alternative to my Gibson's. So that's actually your guitar? Consignment?

Ive heard them described as having a vintage Gibson vibe to the sound. Would you agree? Being a McCarty this makes sense. I'm mainly looking for an alternative to my Gibson's. So that's actually your guitar? Consignment?
Yes, that's mine. I doubt it'll ever leave the stable. Not going to sell it. But if you're talking about the pics and Reverb listing that you and @Greywolf posted, no that is not mine.
I have no experience with a vintage Gibson P90 axe, but I really can't see anyone being disappointed with either this or the singlecut version.

Eastman makes some KILLER Gibson-style guitars with P-90’s, I have one of their LPJR-style guitars with a single Lollar 50’s wind P-90 and it’s the only guitar I’ve ever owned that I haven’t felt the need to mod in any way whatsoever. They also make a ‘56 Goldtop Les Paul with either Lollar or Bareknuckle P-90’s (can’t remember which). They’re approaching Gibson Custom Shop quality for a fraction of the price. Seriously great 100% handmade guitars.

The Trampas is nice .. but the Teal, with aged scotch trim has a cool vibe .. it's my fave Soapy to play
uplb6p1rmddf0ta1yhom.png

Recently got a Gibson LP Special with P90s. It's decent. Bought a Wolfetone Meaner to replace the stock Gibson bridge I need to install.

All the guitars on this thread put that Special to shame

Man, those single cuts all look great. I see an all-black sc594 on reverb that looks like it would be worth picking up, and is a little different from what I presently have. Also similar enough being a single cut and 594 scale. Price is right, at a little under $3k. That said, those earlier posts like that trampas green are really making me consider spending a bit more.

Man, those single cuts all look great. I see an all-black sc594 on reverb that looks like it would be worth picking up, and is a little different from what I presently have. Also similar enough being a single cut and 594 scale. Price is right, at a little under $3k. That said, those earlier posts like that trampas green are really making me consider spending a bit more.

Well…I did it. Should have a new arrival here sometime late next week.
You really piqued my curiosity. I spent well over a year looking for the right 594 Soapy Single Cut. By a freak perfect storm I ended up with a Knaggs Kenai Soapy SC (thanks again to greywolf for the inspiration) that I absolutely love. Hope you love your new guitar just as much.

Back