Outside gig tmw

We had 3 people fall out at work yesterday, 94 degrees outside, hotter inside. Tomorrow is supposed to be close to 99 degrees.

Definitely stay hydrated, take it easy. Remember, it only hurts til you die. ;)

Someone floated the idea of me bringing one of my bands for entertainment at our company grand opening event today, which is outdoors. Granted, there’s a big tent, and yes, they put a couple large fans inside, but that only converted the oven into a convection oven. Ain’t no way I’d play today. Nope, no way.

Instead, I’m helping to serve hotdogs and hamburgers. o_O

Store several bottles of liter water in a cooler with ice. Keep these on tap during your gig. Hydration is key. Consider some Gatorade or Powerade for depleted electrolytes. Bring a rolled-up bandana, soaked in water, tied around your neck, or a wet towel to keep cool with.

Good news, I didn't die. (Sorry @bodia, keeping my Wood Library for now...)

My hands were super sweaty and sticky, and my poor soloing skills were thankful for the CE's satin neck. Can't even imagine what gloss would have felt like.

Glad to hear it. You finished too early! I'm watching the Cubs game and the crowd just gave a loud cheer/standing ovation to the weather. Wind was blowing out at 15-20 and switched on a dime to blowing off the lake at the same rate. Announcers said it feels like the temp dropped 20 degrees.

Glad to hear it. You finished too early! I'm watching the Cubs game and the crowd just gave a loud cheer/standing ovation to the weather. Wind was blowing out at 15-20 and switched on a dime to blowing off the lake at the same rate. Announcers said it feels like the temp dropped 20 degrees.
Those moments are golden.

Glad you didn’t die, Ovibos.

Now you can be the living legend, ‘The Man Who Wouldn’t Die’.

Or melt. “The Man Who Wouldn’t Melt’. Equally impressive.

Today the weather was very similar here in Michigan; this afternoon it was 92 when I took my exercise walk, and yes, I’m not supposed to walk when it’s over 85, but I did anyway. Somehow I lived to tell the tale. And though it was sunny an hour ago, right now it’s thunderstorms and raining cats and dogs.

I’m allergic to cats so I have to stay out of the rain. ;)

I got up to 100℉ with a heat index of 110 locally. I spent the latter part of the afternoon driving an hour 10 minutes south to pick up a LCD TV with my elderly passenger accompanying me. My car doesn't do highways or AC too easily (strains the engine, and in this heat, not taking a chance on an overheated engine) so we took town roads.

Arrived; my passenger noted my t-shirt was soaked through the back. We had bottled water, but couldn't drink because of the long road trip. (No sleep til Brooklyn, ya know...) We picked up the TV, drove north again, and pulled in for some grocery shopping. (Blessed relief, AC and all)

Drove home, put the TV in her apartment, and put groceries away. The heat and humidity is oppressive. Monday we should see a break in this Martha Stewart's Baking Show.

Garden still receives its daily drink from the rain barrel, suntan lotion and hats de rigeur when traveling on foot across to local watering spots.

Family tells me MN was cooler with a cold front blowing through earlier today. Hopefully CT will see some cooler temps soon. (Martha, please don't use the oven too much, please)

Glad you didn’t die, Ovibos.

Now you can be the living legend, ‘The Man Who Wouldn’t Die’.

Or melt. “The Man Who Wouldn’t Melt’. Equally impressive.

Today the weather was very similar here in Michigan; this afternoon it was 92 when I took my exercise walk, and yes, I’m not supposed to walk when it’s over 85, but I did anyway. Somehow I lived to tell the tale. And though it was sunny an hour ago, right now it’s thunderstorms and raining cats and dogs.

I’m allergic to cats so I have to stay out of the rain. ;)
Les, You need to think about taking your walks in the AM :D

My sympathies to all of you that are suffering in the heat and/ or gigging in the heat. Here in Southern Ca., the weather so far this late spring & summer has been great. But I hear we are in for a change this week.....

Sitting at home today with a fan and AC, keeping cool. Spent Saturday bringing a used TV into an elderly woman's apartment and speaking with my carpenter brother about installing an OTA antenna for the lady this Thursday. The lady commented that she like the way my hair looked. I said you can thank my Mom for giving me my wavy and curly hair.

Back