Opinions: Is this the real deal?

GreenCustom24

Hey guys. I ran into this on Craigslist in my town. Local Pawn shop is listing it. I haven't had a chance to check it out in person yet (either tomorrow or Monday), but something about it seems off to me... I dunno. The headstock signature looks wrong, etc. With the counterfeits that are out there (I've seen both a counterfeit LP Custom and Custom 24 in the last year just in my town) I'm skeptical. Based off these pictures, do you guys think it's legit? Cuz if it is it's mine... Already got the OK from the wife and everything! Haha

http://wilmington.craigslist.org/msd/5424931096.html

That`s a fantastic price. Buy it, or I`ll jump in my car, drive the 400 miles, stay at my sister`s, and snatch it out from under your nose!

It's mine. On layaway, but mine. I'll pick it up next month when my bonus check comes in. Ha

It's in really fantastic shape, is set up like a dream, comes with the hard case, sounds incredible... I'm really stoked. My first "real" PRS. I've owned an SE model before.

Congratulations, I gassed the car up, in case you changed your mind. Now all I have to do is call my sister and tell her. It`s a fantastic score.

Thanks. Now I have to eagerly await my bonus... Gonna be a long month.

While I was there playing it some guy called the store and actually tried to talk then down on the price. He called back as they were ringing me up. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a bit of smug satisfaction there. Haha

Finally picked it up! Plays like a dream. I love it. Anyone else have one and have a major volume difference between the bridge and neck pickups? The neck pickup seems really weak... Is that normal for these or no?

Finally picked it up! Plays like a dream. I love it. Anyone else have one and have a major volume difference between the bridge and neck pickups? The neck pickup seems really weak... Is that normal for these or no?

Not normal as you're describing it. Maybe the original owner messed with the pickup height? Or did some other mod?

It's easy enough to figure out, you might want to try adjusting pickup height and if that doesn't do the trick, have a tech take a look at it. PRS' PTC department can put it in factory spec easily, but they do charge for it since the guitar isn't under warranty, as you're not the original owner.

Back