One Stop Rant Thread-Good and Bad

Lister

Playing guitar badly since the 70's...
Whatta ya got?

I've got the FedEx Winter blues. Supposed to get a pedal today but it's been pushed back until at least tomorrow with a weather delay...patience is NOT a virtue at the moment.

That’s tough. I usually pay a couple dollars extra for amazon prime for free 2-day shipping. If you got a good deal on it though it’s probably worth the wait!

My rant......I hate it when weather starts to get nice and warm and you think about getting your motorcycles ready to roll.

Then it snows or freezing rain like we got last night and more today.

I've got 2 wheeled fever like crazy. Son and I are chomping at the bit to go dirt biking!

My back is out.

‘Bout once a year this happens.

Last year I did something stupid and paid for it.

This year it just mysteriously showed up.

Whaaa...

Sorry to hear that. What load were you carrying (if any), or did GrandDad lift a case of bottled water and not remember his knees?

(EDIT: Any associations you may make should likely be more direct, rather than loose ones. Just saying...;))

Just to help ease your discomfort, bright sunny day with a chance of passing showers Thursday / Friday. Hope your weather is similar.

Last edited:
It’s sh!t like that that keeps you from becoming a professional musician. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know. Sometimes you gotta put yourself in the other person's shoes, sit back, and see if they'll run with it. And Interestingly enough, one need not be perfect to do the job correctly. My priority is work, then play. If one can "get 'er done," that's all one needs do before one can play. That being said, my S2 SC ("Wabbit") will be heading in for some pro photography with me today. Hope to post some glamour pics of the guitar later this evening...

My back is out.

‘Bout once a year this happens.

Last year I did something stupid and paid for it.

This year it just mysteriously showed up.

Whaaa...
I feel your pain as I deal with the same back issues. I've got stretching exercises I do that helps, but if I get lazy or even sometimes when I don't, it'll flair up and give me fits. There's nothing that'll bring tears to your eyes quicker than trying to crawl into a 3/4 ton 4x4 with your back locked up...

Sorry to hear that. What load were you carrying...

Just age.
I did 30 years of underground construction. Retired 10 years ago. My back was miraculously still OK.

But now in my late sixties the mileage started showing up 3-4 years ago.

I went from Ampegs to tweed amps, then finally small transistor amps.

Last year I unloaded a generator off the back of my pickup that shouldn’t have been much problem, but Ipaid for that stupidity for six months!

Last week did a standard workout at Crossfit, then did some archery. Over the next couple days my back got irritated and sore. It’s going away now (it generally does), but I don’t know what stirred it up this time.

Don’t get old if you can help it!

I feel your pain as I deal with the same back issues...
...There's nothing that'll bring tears to your eyes quicker than trying to crawl into a 3/4 ton 4x4 with your back locked up...

Yeah, years ago I was bleeding brakes and started to feel like I had slept wrong or something the night before.

Within a half hour I could not operate a clutch pedal!

Back