One Stop Rant Thread-Good and Bad

Why is it every time I practice I seem to play the same stuff the same way with the same tone. What makes me afraid to get out of my comfort zone. I know better but I just won't do it. That makes me mad. Or maybe I am just lazy which makes me madder.
You need a new guitar and a new amp. Get a new zone.

Wk7fKeb.jpg

Why is it every time I practice I seem to play the same stuff the same way with the same tone. What makes me afraid to get out of my comfort zone. I know better but I just won't do it. That makes me mad. Or maybe I am just lazy which makes me madder.

I'm pretty sure we've all been in that rut at some point or another. The cheapest option I've found to pull me out when I'm in a rut is just downloading some backing tracks of a musical style you hate and then play along with it-seriously try it! Another option to change up your routine is to buy an "new" pedal (although I'm cheap and buy used!) Try something you would never think to buy, like a synth type pedal or pog or mel 9 or Leslie type pedal, or whatever that will make you think and play different. I recently bought a Whammy V and I'm really digging the B-bender/pedal steel thing it does and also the octave down that allows me to run bass lines with my guitar. In fact, I'm now GASsing hard for a bass to add to the herd because of the Whammy. Best of luck!

To the people that are too effing lazy to take 5 minutes to clean the snow off of the top of their car, I hope a thousand mosquitoes reproduce in your nose this summer.
But it's so much fun to see all that snow to go flying as I round the corners at excessive speeds.:D I agree. Big Rig drivers need to do this too. It's really dangerous to be behind a 40' trailer and have the entire contents of their roof come off when they go under an overpass.:eek:

I’m with Lister in forcing a different direction. I usually pull out some different music to play, usually something far from my standard: my mom’s Beethoven, Sinatra, something written for a different instrument.

At our former blues jam, we had a Q/A session where one of the questions was, "Who is balder, Yule Brynner, or Telly Savalas?"

There was a brief pause, and then someone's old grandma piped up, "Both!"

Which is somewhat unusual, considering the brouhaha amidst the grandparents, their kids, their grandkids, and just about all walks of life listening in. When the usual fare wasn't causing finger or toe-tapping, the host guitarist would do his best Marilyn Monroe's voice and sing Happy Birthday to some unsuspecting attendee.

We'd laugh but the host could only do that once per week since it messed up his voice pretty badly.

We also did the shave and a haircut soundbite, the Henry Mancini Peter Gunn theme, and the Sanford & Son theme song when the waitresses would collect the used dishes and glasses towards the end of the evening...the are several others I can't quite remember, but if your cover band needs new material, try copping a few TV show or notable theme songs folks will identify with.

Snowblowers are vastly underrated...especially as I get older. I have a rule that any snow under 3" I shovel, above I use the blower. I've had to use the blower twice this week so far.

Today I go to buy a folding handtruck to move around even my small rig .............. man!! Getting old sucks.

FTR, you can find small metal-frame, folding handcarts called "Rock n' Roller" carts on larger gear websites ($109, IIRC from MF, Sweetwater, etc) that work quite well. I think I own a standard mid-sized one with solid wheels and expandable to 48". I use bungi cords to keep stuff together while carting across walkways, parking lots, cobble streets, up/down couple steps of stairs... Never had anything fall from the cart, though you do need to be careful to not let your gear fall off the cart if it were off-balance.

THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW!!!

That Chinese and Koreans can't open Japanese/Sushi restaurants, Central Americans can't open up Mexican taquerias, and most of all..........

....... Turks can't open up Greek restaurants .......... my people don't make Falafel dangit!!!

THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW!!!

That Chinese and Koreans can't open Japanese/Sushi restaurants, Central Americans can't open up Mexican taquerias, and most of all..........

....... Turks can't open up Greek restaurants .......... my people don't make Falafel dangit!!!

Just curious, how's the hand truck working for you? (Didn't mean to set off a wave of controversy regards the RnR cart, but if the hand truck doesn't do it for you, there's always that...)

Just curious, how's the hand truck working for you? (Didn't mean to set off a wave of controversy regards the RnR cart, but if the hand truck doesn't do it for you, there's always that...)
$29.00 cheapy working out fine.

Back