One Stop Rant Thread-Good and Bad

I feel your pain as I deal with the same back issues. I've got stretching exercises I do that helps, but if I get lazy or even sometimes when I don't, it'll flair up and give me fits. There's nothing that'll bring tears to your eyes quicker than trying to crawl into a 3/4 ton 4x4 with your back locked up...

There's actually something online that helped me whenever I had back pain...check YT videos for something called the "Feldenkrais" institute back exercises. Simple, easy, doesn't require a chiropractor, something you can do in you own living room, in sock feet. Let me see if I can find a link for the one's with the back pain...

Just age.
I did 30 years of underground construction. Retired 10 years ago. My back was miraculously still OK.

But now in my late sixties the mileage started showing up 3-4 years ago.

I went from Ampegs to tweed amps, then finally small transistor amps.

Last year I unloaded a generator off the back of my pickup that shouldn’t have been much problem, but Ipaid for that stupidity for six months!

Last week did a standard workout at Crossfit, then did some archery. Over the next couple days my back got irritated and sore. It’s going away now (it generally does), but I don’t know what stirred it up this time.

Don’t get old if you can help it!

My youngest brother does building construction, still working at it. Had spinal surgery about 10 year ago, the surgeons went in from the trachea front to reach the ruptured disc in his upper neck. The problem originated from years of carrying wooden planks on his shoulder and tilting his neck. My brother's also fallen off scaffolding once about 10 feet up. He's a huge guy, and could easily snap me like a twig. His breathing is compromised as well because of lack of sawdust ventilation on the job.

Every winter, my brother does plowing in his heavy-duty pickup when the snow flies, and works when the season is agreeable. A fortunate guy, and has a loving wife and family to boot. He's a man of few words, and doesn't speak with me often because he like to keep things simple and direct. Answers my texts with things like "K." And that's about it.

Seldom ever worries, and only need bend when he puts his pants or footwear on, or when he drops his keys by mistake. Yep. Appreciates both sun and rain, and is one of the better teachers who both builds houses, and protects his work also being a firefighter. A guy I look up to.

And no, he doesn't take androgen or steroid supplements. Just eats well and exercises, about as healthy as an older horse, or um, mule.

Last edited:
My rant......I hate it when weather starts to get nice and warm and you think about getting your motorcycles ready to roll.

Then it snows or freezing rain like we got last night and more today.

I've got 2 wheeled fever like crazy. Son and I are chomping at the bit to go dirt biking!

Its still at least a month or more till one could think of riding in my neck of the woods

Its still at least a month or more till one could think of riding in my neck of the woods
Is that an SV in your avatar?

Me, son, stepson and brother all dirt bike. So I've got four machines to service before we ride.

Wife and I have an ultra classic but it won't need much to be ready.

Zipper on my winter coat broke. Ordered a new coat off eBay and paid Sunday night. They still haven’t shipped it. Gonna be a high of 12 degrees Friday. I should’ve just bought the other one for a few more bucks that guaranteed delivery by today. So rant on lazy sellers and on myself for being cheap and trying to save a buck.

Put In for a Private Stock end of November still waiting for a part number. ( NOT A RANT), Great things take time.
Working up London at the mo 2,hour's in the morning 1 & half home tonight 3 to get home ( NOT A RANT) as they say It happens.
Get Home eat me Dinner and guess what NO PUDDING. I ask ya NO PUDDING. What's the world coming to. THIS IS A RANT/ THIS IS A RANT.
Can anyone spare some tacos pls. :p

Put In for a Private Stock end of November still waiting for a part number. ( NOT A RANT), Great things take time.
Working up London at the mo 2,hour's in the morning 1 & half home tonight 3 to get home ( NOT A RANT) as they say It happens.
Get Home eat me Dinner and guess what NO PUDDING. I ask ya NO PUDDING. What's the world coming to. THIS IS A RANT/ THIS IS A RANT.
Can anyone spare some tacos pls. :p

But did you eat yer meat?

There's actually something online that helped me whenever I had back pain...check YT videos for something called the "Feldenkrais" institute back exercises. Simple, easy, doesn't require a chiropractor, something you can do in you own living room, in sock feet. Let me see if I can find a link for the one's with the back pain...

I do a modified version of this and it helps for the most part, but my back will still grab every now and then and usually at the most inopportune times, once when I was on my roof.
The first time I ever had issues was taking my oldest into preschool back in the day. It was absolutely pouring cats and dogs so I was carrying her, an umbrella and her backpack and I got about halfway across the parking lot when it grabbed. I still managed to get her in and down the steps to her classroom, but coming back up those steps and trying to bend to get into the car was excruciating. I called my wife at work, and she sent her Dad over to drive me to the urgent care. Unfortunately, I've seen more than a few urgent care places over the years thanks to my back.

My youngest brother does building construction, still working at it. Had spinal surgery about 10 year ago, the surgeons went in from the trachea front to reach the ruptured disc in his upper neck. The problem originated from years of carrying wooden planks on his shoulder and tilting his neck. My brother's also fallen off scaffolding once about 10 feet up. He's a huge guy, and could easily snap me like a twig. His breathing is compromised as well because of lack of sawdust ventilation on the job.

Every winter, my brother does plowing in his heavy-duty pickup when the snow flies, and works when the season is agreeable. A fortunate guy, and has a loving wife and family to boot. He's a man of few words, and doesn't speak with me often because he like to keep things simple and direct. Answers my texts with things like "K." And that's about it.

Seldom ever worries, and only need bend when he puts his pants or footwear on, or when he drops his keys by mistake. Yep. Appreciates both sun and rain, and is one of the better teachers who both builds houses, and protects his work also being a firefighter. A guy I look up to.

And no, he doesn't take androgen or steroid supplements. Just eats well and exercises, about as healthy as an older horse, or um, mule.

My FIL, BIL and all my wife's uncles did/do construction. I've worked a few odd jobs with my FIL and BIL and they get nothing but mad respect from me. My FIL only retired when he had to have both knees replaced.

I don’t really have much to rant about, or with!

Relatively healthy at 68.
Can still play guitar.
I sleep indoors and eat regular.

I have more than one PRS.

The aches and pains are relatively minor.

It’s just that self-pity is one of my most sincere emotions.

Compared to 7/8 of the world, I’m living like a king!

GMC sucks it hard rant.

New GMC Sierra pickup a couple of years ago, lots of options, beautiful truck. Two years of no issues, 72,000 mostly easy miles with tons of highway driving. Tow a boat once in a while and don’t plow or off-road it.

Two day ago it coasts to a stop while driving. Engine is perfect but transmission is not engaging. Drive, reverse, nothing. Cycle engine on and off. Nothing. Try it again and it pulls in but is driving erratically and feels like the tranny is intermittently dropping out.

Limp it to dealer and they keep it over night. Call me today and tell me I need a new transmission. Warranty expired at 60,000 miles. They will try to get GMC to help out, call me back and bottom line is I need a factory remanufactured transmission installed. GMC is willing to ‘help’ me out and only charge me $3900. For a new tranny on my two year old truck. That I am still paying for.

Funny thing is the reman tranny will come with a three year 100,000 mile warranty but the brand new one only came with 60,00 miles.

My rant is GMC can bite down on the apple bag. Hard.

Back