Oh noooooooooooooo, I stopped by my dealer today

Well, got an email over night, the ZM is done, and I will be picking up both today after work.
And yes, I went for the S2, it all setup with 9s and a fresh setup.
I found out later with Google that they come with 10s.
But...maybe the CE in the future, I would have to play it some more, but the S2 really spoke to me.
((Buy me buy me bye me))

I have been wanting another semi-hollow after playing my sons Christmas present.
There shall be a NGD thread sometime Saturday.
That S2 is so light, it might be even lighter than my SG, and that is pretty light being a very thin guitar.

Guys, does anybody know what that guitar with three firebird pickups is? I want one!

1ed.jpg

Congrats! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the new guitar after you get her home and break her in.

Don't wait. In December I pondered over a S2 Custom 22 that was hanging around at NStuff Music since the spring. Great playing guitar, couldn't find anything wrong or "not to like" (except, I'm not a fan of the Dark Cherry Burst) and it was clearance priced to $1025. I left it there, to "think about it". Two days later...it was GONE.

My bonus was actually bigger than I thought, it would have covered the CE easily.
Anyhoooo, called my dealer a bit ago to let him know what time I will swing by, and he said the ZM played great, so I am hoping it was just a bad setup before, maybe someone new back then had done it, not sure.

He has not played the S2 since it was setup yesternight, but will before I get there.
I am getting very excited to spend time with both over the weekend.

And yes, I will try sometime to get a vid of them.
Of course it is going to be some AC/DC.

b2461c82bb04e761bbaf89fe34af0ca6.jpg

I really, really like Trampas Green. My favorite green on a PRS by far. And on a CE to boot...

Just a teaser of black beauty until I can get better pics over the weekend with my Canon T5i.

He had both of my guitars over by the amps, and he already had the Mark Five 25 in standby for me.
I plugged in the ZM and it played like a whole new guitar.

I see now why many on here rave about it, and I have a feeling I will re-bond to this Trampus Green queen.
He told me the action was up quite high, it was out of whack, and I am not sure how that happened.
It has never been hit, only transported back and forth to work like each and every one of my guitars, they have all graced my office at work at one time, and not one of them got out of whack.
Maybe it was not setup correctly the first time.
It plays as good as my SE Santana now since they have the same neck and scale length.
Just a totally different guitar!

I then got out the S2 and played it for a bit, so easy to play!
Will get it waxed up over the weekend too, weighed, and put on the Schaller Strap Lock end pins.
Played some AC/DC on both, sounded very good.
I had some competition though, some guy was trying out a new bass through a Fender Bassman amp.

Sometime Saturday I will update my old ZM thread, and have a new one for the S2.
I am very happy with how both play.
Like mentioned, and ZM seems like a totally different guitar now.
I remember when I first got my 2012 SE Santana, I could not put it down, and the new 2012 Gibson SG was getting very jealous of me playing the Santana.
The MAGIC-MOJO is back for the ZM.

I have also found out it is very hard to photograph a black guitar.
I even lightened up the pic with Picasa, and it is hard to see the F hole.
Hopefully with better lighting and my Canon I can get some better shots of it.
The other guitars stood out well with my HTC Ones camera.

3.jpg

Oh, something else.
The SEs have the Wide/Fat neck, and the S2 has the Pattern Regular.
Look at the width though of the S2, it seems narrower than the SEs.

Just a teaser of black beauty until I can get better pics over the weekend with my Canon T5i.

He had both of my guitars over by the amps, and he already had the Mark Five 25 in standby for me.
I plugged in the ZM and it played like a whole new guitar.

I see now why many on here rave about it, and I have a feeling I will re-bond to this Trampus Green queen.
He told me the action was up quite high, it was out of whack, and I am not sure how that happened.
It has never been hit, only transported back and forth to work like each and every one of my guitars, they have all graced my office at work at one time, and not one of them got out of whack.
Maybe it was not setup correctly the first time.
It plays as good as my SE Santana now since they have the same neck and scale length.
Just a totally different guitar!

I then got out the S2 and played it for a bit, so easy to play!
Will get it waxed up over the weekend too, weighed, and put on the Schaller Strap Lock end pins.
Played some AC/DC on both, sounded very good.
I had some competition though, some guy was trying out a new bass through a Fender Bassman amp.

Sometime Saturday I will update my old ZM thread, and have a new one for the S2.
I am very happy with how both play.
Like mentioned, and ZM seems like a totally different guitar now.
I remember when I first got my 2012 SE Santana, I could not put it down, and the new 2012 Gibson SG was getting very jealous of me playing the Santana.
The MAGIC-MOJO is back for the ZM.

I have also found out it is very hard to photograph a black guitar.
I even lightened up the pic with Picasa, and it is hard to see the F hole.
Hopefully with better lighting and my Canon I can get some better shots of it.
The other guitars stood out well with my HTC Ones camera.

3.jpg
Awesome score Corey. Glad to hear the ZM turned out to your liking and that semi hollow is a beauty! Congrats!

Thanks Bodia.

A question for those who use the NY/XL strings.
They strung up the ZM with the above in 9s.
My new S2 I had them put Ernie Ball Cobalts in 9s on it.

Playing some chords a D chord sounds chimier on the ZM like it has more life than the S2 doing a D chord.
Could it be because the ZM is a stoptail, or maybe the NY/XL strings are just a brighter string?
If so, I may make the switch over to the NY/XL.
Anyone try both, and what were your findings?

Yeah, I just wiped them both down and checked the tuning, they were both a little flat.
Could be from different elevation that the store, or since they are stretching a bit.
Anyways, I played them both for around ten minutes each unplugged, and I like what I am hearing from both.

Anyone on the fence about an S2, just do it!
I think the only thing imported on these from South Korea is the bridge and the pickups.
Such a joy to play both of these today, but I am really thrilled with the S2.

Last edited:
Thanks Bodia.

A question for those who use the NY/XL strings.
They strung up the ZM with the above in 9s.
My new S2 I had them put Ernie Ball Cobalts in ii in 9s.

Playing some chords a D chord sounds chimier on the ZM like it has more life than the S2 doing a D chord.
Could it be because the ZM is a stoptail, or maybe the NY/XL strings are just a brighter string?
If so, I may make the switch over to the NY/XL.
Anyone try both, and what your findings?

Yeah, I just wiped them both down and checked the tuning, they were both a little flat.
Could be from different elevation that the store, or since they are they are stretching a bit.
Anyways, I played them both for around ten minutes each unplugged, and I like what I am hearing from both.

Anyone on the fence about an S2, just do it!
I think the only thing imported on these from South Korea is the bridge and the pickups.
Such a joy to play both of these today, but I am really thrilled with the S2.

The NYXLs are livelier. You need to stretch them really well. Once they're stretched you won't need to touch them again for awhile provided your nut and tuners are up to par.

They last forever.

I've used them on Strats, Teles, LPs and Floyd equipped guitars. I won't use anything else.

Quit showing your f hole all over the net lol

Nyxl are what I'm using . They are my second favourite to Prs strings.

Great score ...if you really want to make the black s2 look kinda cool, try using a black and white picture setting .

Back