Off-Topic...Any Gardening Happening This Year?

Came home last night to a burst water pipe in the bathroom. Living room and Hallway like a swimming pool! Ceilings, walls and flooring ruined. Our 3 week old sofa (one of them) was soaking wet! Water pooring through the ceilings!

Thankfully a friend came over and we found the source of the leak and got water and heating back on.

On the plus side an electric and acoustic guitar hanging on the living room walls weren’t touched! Thankful for small mercies.

So lots more renovations to do, decorating, flooring etc.

your life is like a movie! a horror movie.

Came home last night to a burst water pipe in the bathroom. Living room and Hallway like a swimming pool! Ceilings, walls and flooring ruined. Our 3 week old sofa (one of them) was soaking wet! Water pooring through the ceilings!

Thankfully a friend came over and we found the source of the leak and got water and heating back on.

On the plus side an electric and acoustic guitar hanging on the living room walls weren’t touched! Thankful for small mercies.

Sorry to hear this. Do you have access to a good home renovations subcontractor? Specifically, one who will do the necessary job and not just take your money?

Un-Bangin’! To say the least.

Where's the unlike button. :(

Man, I'm sorry. Been there, and it sucks. Hope it works out.

Ugh! Bro, that bites! Hope you can salvage a lot.

It’s more like wetlands at the moment. There’s something vaguely brackish about the aroma!

Reactions: jxe
it happened to me— truck cracked a sewer line and the toilet backed up and flooded the whole downstairs. what a couple of weeks that was.

Sorry to hear of all your problems, folks.

Outdoor overnight air temps locally have been in the upper 40s, just warm enough so my herb planter is surviving and gradually putting out more growth. Today, it's about 70℉, mostly sunny.

Sunday (Mother's Day), unfortunately will be a wash-out (rainy, blustery, not a good day for outdoor activity). My Dad's 86th birthday would have been Sunday, but Dad passed away 25 years ago. Will be remembering the day with Mom and a Sunday dinner, perhaps with some fresh-cut herbs from my herb planter.

Overnight air temperatures have been upper 30s/low 40s with pockets of light snow in the upper elevations. :eek:

Did the smart thing and attached my herb vessel to my Rock 'n Roller cart and have been carting the vessel inside and out during evenings and with daylight. The cart is useful! Darn sight better than toting the vessel by hand over the front door threshold and back step. Here's an image of the herb vessel as of 05/15/19, it's growing slowly but sure:

EbraSWQ.jpg

Back