Off to see Trans Siberian Orchestra - now with pics :)

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Headed out to catch TSO in Cincinnati tonight. It's been a family tradition for my mother (now 80), my sister, my daughter, and me that we started in 2012. My wife and enby came once, but the show was not their thing - the over-the-top bombastic glory that is TSO was too much flashing light and noise for them. Hit every year through 2018, missed 2019 because they hit Cincinnati while we were at Universal Orlando. Missed 2020 for the obvious reasons. So, I'm super psyched to catch them tonight. Also this will be our first night time TSO show. All the past years they did 2 shows, an afternoon at 4, and an evening at 7:30. This year they're only doing the 7:30. Given the energy level of their performance, 2 in a day has to be utterly exhausting.

I've never seen either Joel Hoekstra or Chris Caffery use a PRS, but I always hope...in the meantime, with those 2 players the guitar pyrotechnics are easily a match for the stage pyrotechnics, and I can't wait. It's been those 2 every time we've seen them with the exception of 2015 when Joel was touring with either Whitesnake or Cher, I forget which. Bill Hudson did an admirable job of filling his playing shoes, though not quite as well with the stage presence :). I did see Joel with Cher as well, his stage persona was a bit toned down to let her shine more.

Either way, 2 fantastic guitarists, and incredible band overall, and a monumental stage spectacle - what's not to like?

Aw yeah! Have a great time. The Mrs and I started seeing them back in the mid 00's....2005 or 2006, I think. We used to go every year. It's been a couple of years since we've been. I think 2018. We missed a three or four shows between that first one and 2018. I am always like a kid in a candy store at these shows. Just the biggest smile. They usually do 2 shows a day in Chicago. One at 3:00 and another at 8:00. We started going to the 3:00 shows. That worked great, especially the two years that the Brian Setzer Orchestra was in town to do their Christmas show, and played the same date. We'd drive to the Rosemont Horizon (now All State Arena) to see the 3:00 show. Get out about 5:30 and be home by 6:30, let the dogs out, and then drive the 7 miles to the Paramount Theater, in Aurora, to see the Setzer show. Those were some fun times!

Headed out to catch TSO in Cincinnati tonight.
Killer Aahzz! Have a fantastic time!! I have always wanted to see them, but have not had the chance yet!!! Looking forward to the completer report in triplicate!!!!

Rosemont Horizon (now All State Arena)
It will ALWAYS be the Rosemont!!!!

My daughter has seen them twice in Cinci and keeps telling me that we should go if she can be home when they do it, but we haven't worked that out yet.

You're knee deep in the fun by now. Hope you're having a blast!

From the Nashville show Wednesday night:
EtZRyTw.jpg

Yep, we were 3 feet away from Joel and company. Got extremely lucky when those 2 tickets popped up...

Fantastic show as always, beautifully bombastic and over the top with amazing playing and singing :). Also, always cool - TSO always has perfectly mixed sound. I've seen a TON of shows in that arena, and it's not always good, but TSO always sounds excellent. Here, have some pics from where I was sitting:

tso211.jpg

tso212.jpg

tso213.jpg

tso214.jpg

tso215.jpg

tso216.jpg

tso217.jpg

Back