Put the new Powder Blue PRS Parlor P20E to work already!

shinksma

What? I get a title?
My band Hard To Port played a pod-cast like performance last night, where a local musician hosts different bands each week in his home "studio", and he streams it on YouTube for an hour or so. It then gets uploaded for posterity, like most podcasts/livestreams.

He brings in a variety of acts to play three or so songs each, usually two guest bands on any particular night, and he intersperses with his own "band". He has a style that tends to dominate the covers he plays, as you might see below.

We are practicing our "small footprint" configuration, so the Parlor was an obvious option - just received it last week! And thus the Uke Bass for my wife, instead of her usual Kingfisher or Kestrel.

We are also reduced to three for this performance due to work conflicts, so we were down a guitar player. :(

My band starts our three song spot at about 16:30 in. Earlier if you want to hear some banter.

We also joined in with the "traditional" close of "Will the The Circle Be Unbroken", where I take a lead break on the P20E (which sounds better on the video than it did live).

I will note we do not use backing tracks. Ahem. You may note others seem to have more instruments heard than players on-screen. Ahem.

You can find our previous performances at the main website under performances:

https://www.bkandersen.com/episodes

We played on previous Episodes 48 and 9. I played my SC HB II for Ep 48, and SE Angelus acoustic for Ep 9. My wife played her Kingfisher bass in Ep 48. She was out of pocket for Ep 9. Another lead break for "Circle" again by me for both - but you can't hear the banjo in Ep 9 (which might be good!)

You can see my hair getting longer from Ep 9 to 48 to 69. #9 was right when the pandemic/lockdowns hit, and I haven't had it cut since...

Be warned...the metal band we shared the stage with in Ep 48 is, um, intense.

We were the only guest band for Ep 9. Terrible audio-video sync, sorry, I'm just in the band!

Or directly on YouTube, like the above link:

Thanks!

I've only been gigging (and even then just as a weekend-warrior) for about 8 years, but the variety of gigs we have done is sometimes quite amusing, when I look back. These "podcast-livestream" spots are another interesting tale to reminisce about later on, I guess!

I can just imagine what kind of tales folks who have been gigging out their whole lives must have to tell!

Very nice! I really like your original, of course, I am kind of wolf inclined! The parlor looks great on you! Really brings out the color of your eyes ;~)) One suggestion (and I have only watched the first one so far in the ones listed) is the girl on the violin, I think her mic was too hot. On both violin and her whistle, I felt it was drowning out the Uke bass and you on the P20E. I understand that you may not have had control over this, just noting.

Thanks for posting some music, the reason we all have these wonderful instruments. Hopefully others will do the same as PRS would not exist without the music!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Very nice! I really like your original, of course, I am kind of wolf inclined! The parlor looks great on you! Really brings out the color of your eyes ;~)) One suggestion (and I have only watched the first one so far in the ones listed) is the girl on the violin, I think her mic was too hot. On both violin and her whistle, I felt it was drowning out the Uke bass and you on the P20E. I understand that you may not have had control over this, just noting.

Thanks for posting some music, the reason we all have these wonderful instruments. Hopefully others will do the same as PRS would not exist without the music!

Happy pickin'!
MW
Thanks for the comments! Yeah, we have no control over the "live" mix there. We offer comments and suggestions, and they just go whizzing by. We are also a professional sound production company as a "sister" entity, running sound at festivals, so we are very comfortable in producing a good live mix. But, when it's not my board...

But my eyes are hazel, so I don't think the parlor helped there much. Now, on the other hand my wife (short blonde playing uke bass) has powder blue eyes...

Thanks for the comments! Yeah, we have no control over the "live" mix there. We offer comments and suggestions, and they just go whizzing by. We are also a professional sound production company as a "sister" entity, running sound at festivals, so we are very comfortable in producing a good live mix. But, when it's not my board...

But my eyes are hazel, so I don't think the parlor helped there much. Now, on the other hand my wife (short blonde playing uke bass) has powder blue eyes...
Yeah, that is what I meant to say (all in jest of course), really brings out the wife's eyes ;~)) Totally understood on the mix, sometimes you are at the mercy! Good job either way!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Back