Off to see Alice Cooper - now with pics

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
His tour kicks off tonight in Cincinnati. It'll be my first show at the venue - Andrew J Brady Icon Music Center. It just opened last summer, so I'm looking forward to checking it out. I'm not positive if it's my 8th or 9th time seeing Alice, at this point I've lost track, but I try not to miss him any time he's within range. Going with my 20 year old daughter and my spoon to be 81 year old mother.

Alice's band is utterly phenomenal - Nita Strauss, Ryan Roxie and Tommy Henriksen on guitar, Chuck Garrick on bass and Glen Sobel on drums. Tighter than heck and just solid a$$ kickers.

Sadly, the Bengals getting into the playoffs means the city just announced a Bengals "Pep Rally" at The Banks, right where the venue is, from 4-7 tonight - so hopefully parking isn't a major issue. We'd normally go eat at one of the restaurants at The Banks, but given the number of Bengals fans likely to be there we'll grab something early on this side of the river...wish us luck!!

Alice was, as always, freaking amazing. Hurricane Nita is a force of nature, and you just won't see a better rock band anywhere. They's all got chops and they've all got presence, with Alice as ringmaster. Here, have some pics:
alicefrankie.jpg

alicebaby2.jpg

alicebaby.jpg

alice18.jpg

aliceband.jpg

alicesteven.jpg

alicebride.jpg

alicebabystage.jpg

alicehead.jpg

The setlist was quite enjoyable:

Feed My Frankenstein

No More Mr Nice Guy

Bed of Nails

Hey Stoopid

Fallen in love and I Can’t Get Up

Go Man Go

Under My Wheels

He’s Back (The Man Behind the Mask)

Rock N Roll

Poison

Billion Dollar Babies

Roses on White Lace

My Stars

Devil’s Food/The Black Widow

Steven

Dead Babies

I Love the Dead

Escape

Teenage Frankenstein

Encore:

School’s Out

I've got a concert on Blu-ray from when Orianthi was still in the band.
Do you know if they have another Blu-ray concert with Nita on the lead axe?

Back