October GOM

RedGuitars

Thread killer
http://prsguitars.com/gom_october/

straight1.png

I ordered my last PS with that trem bridge and it rocks.

But can anyone say WENGE NECK???!!!!!! Mother trucking HAIL YES!!!!!!!

Anyone gots a guitar with them thar new-fangled saddles? Whatchy'all think'a that thar?

Yup. I have one with the new saddles, the 20th Anniversary of Private Stock Ltd.

The guitar's tuning is very, very stable, and the string tension feels slightly firmer, almost like a stoptail in comparison to the standard bridge. I am not a huge whammy guy, my vibrato usage is very subtle, but I can play an awfully long time without retuning.

The only other thing about the guitar that's different - and I can't say whether this is caused by the new saddles, or whether it's some of the other features - the guitar sustains forever. If feels like it takes longer for a note to decay compared to, say, my CU24 30th PS that has the regular saddles.

Anyway, those are my observations.

i used a wenge neck for a while and frankly, i just didnt like the feel of the grain. i much prefer something a little tighter grained. even my indian rosewood neck mccarty has a somewhat open grain but it felt so much better than wenge.

Yup. I have one with the new saddles, the 20th Anniversary of Private Stock Ltd.

The guitar's tuning is very, very stable, and the string tension feels slightly firmer, almost like a stoptail in comparison to the standard bridge. I am not a huge whammy guy, my vibrato usage is very subtle, but I can play an awfully long time without retuning.

The only other thing about the guitar that's different - and I can't say whether this is caused by the new saddles, or whether it's some of the other features - the guitar sustains forever. If feels like it takes longer for a note to decay compared to, say, my CU24 30th PS that has the regular saddles.

Anyway, those are my observations.

I agree. I have them on the Super Eagle. Tone and Sustain for days

i used a wenge neck for a while and frankly, i just didnt like the feel of the grain. i much prefer something a little tighter grained. even my indian rosewood neck mccarty has a somewhat open grain but it felt so much better than wenge.
I once made a SC 6 string neck through bass with a Wenge/Bubinga neck. It was a PITA to work, and I'm surprised I still have feeling in my hands. Wenge splinters like a grenade, and they're sharp! But I have to say, that bass has incredible tone. It sounds like a piano. Construction elements aside, it's a phenomenal tonewood. I'm not sure I've ever seen wenge offered on a guitar, so I'm very curious about this GOM. Can we get a tone report from Paulh???

Back