SE CE 24 Standard Satin

People... I feel a case of GAS coming on...

Seriously, this is a killer move given the market right now, when almost every other company is raising prices (I mean, $1500 epiphones are a thing now. Let that sink in.)

I'm just starting to build guitars, and getting a good high gloss finish on them takes a lot of time and steps. I'm guessing they were able to time/money on production by making it satin. This is a great move. I want to buy one just to support this direction... but I might have to get the Swamp Ash Special instead, since I already have a US CE.

Also to note: material costs for me to make a guitar are above this price point!

Does it play very different from a regular CE 24?
They play very similarly. I prefer the looks of the regular but the ones I played needed some tweaking and didn’t resonate as well as the one I bought. The shop I bought it from had a Charcoal one and a Turquoise. I went with the Turquoise even though I liked the looks of the Charcoal better. But the Turquoise one won me over with its setup and snappy liveliness.

They play very similarly. I prefer the looks of the regular but the ones I played needed some tweaking and didn’t resonate as well as the one I bought. The shop I bought it from had a Charcoal one and a Turquoise. I went with the Turquoise even though I liked the looks of the Charcoal better. But the Turquoise one won me over with its setup and snappy liveliness.
That's crazy the SE version resonates more than the regular version that's 6x the price. I found the regular CEs to be bright sounding to my ears, but I liked the demo of the SE CE tones. Very balanced.

That's crazy the SE version resonates more than the regular version that's 6x the price. I found the regular CEs to be bright sounding to my ears, but I liked the demo of the SE CE tones. Very balanced.
Oh, sorry I misunderstood, I was referring to the SE CE 24’s. However, I did play a couple of used CE 24’s that were great but more than I wanted to spend. They were very nice but not 6 times nicer than the SE I got.

I played one yesterday. looks great, excellent construction, fret work/feel equal to more expensive guitars. awesome value too!

Back