NPD - Wind Through The Trees

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
My local store had a PRS day last night, with a clinic by Mark Lettieri. He played an SE 277 and his Fiore through a couple HDRX amps, and he made the Fiore sound glorious. They had a killer deal on the Fiore, and they had the Larkspur finish, which is the one I love, but I didn't cave and buy a guitar.

I did, however, get a killer deal on the Wind Through The Trees pedal, which is the last of the three for me.

79704fd6d0sp6NBnoeVIPGps1SuUiIBGnL4h4VRM.jpg

Combined with the StewMac Ghost Drive pedal I got for Christmas and built this week, it's two new pedal week for me - so far. Earthquaker Devices is doing a clinic at another store tom'w. I may go to that, especially since it looks like I won't get to Earthquaker Day this August due to my wife insisting that I should go to our daughter's wedding that weekend. Thirty seven years of marriage (as of yesterday) and she still makes me do family stuff!

My local store had a PRS day last night, with a clinic by Mark Lettieri. He played an SE 277 and his Fiore through a couple HDRX amps, and he made the Fiore sound glorious. They had a killer deal on the Fiore, and they had the Larkspur finish, which is the one I love, but I didn't cave and buy a guitar.

I did, however, get a killer deal on the Wind Through The Trees pedal, which is the last of the three for me.

79704fd6d0sp6NBnoeVIPGps1SuUiIBGnL4h4VRM.jpg

Combined with the StewMac Ghost Drive pedal I got for Christmas and built this week, it's two new pedal week for me - so far. Earthquaker Devices is doing a clinic at another store tom'w. I may go to that, especially since it looks like I won't get to Earthquaker Day this August due to my wife insisting that I should go to our daughter's wedding that weekend. Thirty seven years of marriage (as of yesterday) and she still makes me do family stuff!
Have you talked to your daughter about possibly rescheduling her wedding? It can't hurt to ask (or can it)! Congrats on the double pedal week!!

I’ve had a horrible sinus infection this week, and really wanted to go on Thursday to see Mark. Glad you picked up a great pedal. Planning on hitting NStuff next Friday. I’m assuming Mark was incredible 😉

Have you talked to your daughter about possibly rescheduling her wedding? It can't hurt to ask (or can it)! Congrats on the double pedal week!!

I think this is the third proposed (so to speak) date. Originally they wanted a specific day of the month. I think they were looking at November, but her cousin picked November, which totally screwed things. Then it was next May, but it turned out the facility they looked at misbooked it, so she said the hell with the specific date, let's just get this done (which was one step closer to my original offer - $1000 if you just elope).

And she's well aware - Dad will not pay for a DJ.

I’ve had a horrible sinus infection this week, and really wanted to go on Thursday to see Mark. Glad you picked up a great pedal. Planning on hitting NStuff next Friday. I’m assuming Mark was incredible 😉

He was. A lot of stuff that I'd never heard him play before (can't say I've followed his career all that closely). Very affable, very sharing on stuff he does. There was one question about a guitar he used at a show in NY, and he said, "I'm not allowed to talk about that guitar." So it sounds like there might be something new coming in Fioreland.

I really want to try one of these, but have to get the Horsepedal first. I really need someone who has it and a Timmy to tell me how close they are. I looking at the Horsepedal but keep buying knives instead.

And it turned into a pedal hat trick today (almost a foursome!). Another local store had Earthquaker Devices in. They had a setup like they did at Earthquaker Day last year - three pedalboards set up with different arrays of pedals you could try through headphones. I tried two - one because I was interested in a reverb pedal, the other because I didn't know what some of the pedals did. To me, that's the closest thing to a drawback w/EQD - the names don't really give you an idea what they do.

Anyway, on the second board, I spent a lot of time with five pedals - the Plumes and the Blumes, which are OD/distortion-type pedals. The Blumes is an upgrade to the Plumes - it's got more bass response, or girth as I put it to the rep. Turns out he was on the beta testing team for the pedal. It was intended to be a custom run for a store in Germany, and he said when he was done testing it, he told them they were nuts if they didn't put it into general release. I know if I go for one of those, it'll be the Blumes.

But reverb was the main attraction, and I really wanted to play with the Ledges pedal. It's what they call a tri-reverb pedal - three modes on a mini-toggle. I have the Aurelius - same concept, but in a chorus. Anyway, great sounds in all three modes, very nice reverb pedal. Then I tried the Afterneath - another reverb, but it's got some wild sh!t that you can dial in with the reverb, like octaves, shimmers, and some other things. I really liked this one, and frankly, there are a ton of reverbs that are just plain reverbs. This has that something extra.

The last pedal I tried was the Avalanche Run delay, and I was surprised at how much I liked it because I've never really played around a ton with delay (despite @sergio encouraging and advising me), although I've been getting into it a little more. Like the Afterneath, it's a bit more than a straight delay - it has a reverb built in, an excellent reverse mode, and a swell mode which worked really, really well. In addition, you can plug in an expression pedal and assign it to any of the controls, including the three-way toggle that switches between reverse/regular/swell mode. I liked this one a lot more than I expected to, and it almost made me come home with two pedals.

But, in the end, I have to tell my wife what I bought, and I have to sleep sometime, and ultimately, that's when I expect she'll strike. So I decided one was enough and brought home the Afterneath. One of these days, I have to build a pedalboard to replace/enhance my G-System and let me use these things a bit more efficiently.

Back