It's Been a PRS Month

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
Too many NGD's to keep up with so here's the past month all at once as it relates to PRS.
(I'm totally not going to say anything at all about the 28 year old Flying V that I just had Bare Knuckle Aftermath pickups installed into. Not one word.)

In this photo you will see in no particular order, the PRS 2 Chanel H amp head that I already posted a NAD elsewhere.

There is also a 2002 PRS Custom 24 I just bought from a local PRS forum member in one of my favorite colors. The HFS treble and Vintage Bass pickups probably won't last very long in there, but we'll see.

All three PRS pedals in their little boxes... Mary Cries, Wind Through The Trees and Horsemeat.

The PRS S2 McCarty 594 Thinline that you've seen before, only now it has PRS 57/08 pickups and an Emerson short shaft Les Paul pre-wired tone control kit installed.

And then yesterday's acquisition. A brand new, current generation PRS Archon 50 amp head.

[The SEWELL BLISTERTONE amp you see up there I got a year or two ago. Already posted a NAD for that one.)

PRS-week2023_8197.jpg

I had a hard time reading all the words as my eyes kept getting drawn to that lovely Silver Jubilee. I peeled them away to finish reading though. Awesome and productive month. Well done!

I am interested your thoughts on the amp stands (under the Archon). I have a similar stand that did not seem to work for my 6505+ combo. It felt like I lost all bass response from it not being on the floor. Have you had similar experience?

I had a hard time reading all the words as my eyes kept getting drawn to that lovely Silver Jubilee. I peeled them away to finish reading though. Awesome and productive month. Well done!

I am interested your thoughts on the amp stands (under the Archon). I have a similar stand that did not seem to work for my 6505+ combo. It felt like I lost all bass response from it not being on the floor. Have you had similar experience?

Well that floor is carpet over concrete so I don't think it would matter. I wanted to be able to hear the sound out of the speakers better because the sound that comes out of them is very dicrection focused. I didn't want all the sound aimed at my ankles.

I tried stacking the the two PRS heads on top of each other but the stand is way too unstable to handle all that. So I bought a bunch of lumber to build a wooden super heavy duty wooden rack which would accommodate everything I need supported. But now that I smashed my finger loading the lumber into the truck and am exhausted from a few hours of yard work, I'm thinking that if I just sell the 2 Chanel H, then I won't have to build a heavy wooden rack. :p Not there anyway... I still need a heavy wooden workbench/shelf thing in the corner of my indoor work room.

Back