Is this a real PSR?

Yessir.

But clearly an SE
Cool.... Yes...sorry should have specified SE. The pickups don't look correct and the last few years for this model there looks like there should be binding which this guitar doesn't have. Unless I am looking at the wrong model. The guy said he bought it new last year at GC.

The one he has for sale doesn't look like a tobacco Sunburst so I am a little concerned. Maybe I am not looking at the correct model?

This is what I am finding on the site.

Thanks for your help!

Bill

They’ve changed the specs for these (and many other guitars) over the years.

He may have bought it last year, but who knows what year it was built?

Definitely not tobacco burst, but it looks like a legit SE.
Thanks... I will get the SN and find out what year it was made.

Thanks

I’m pretty sure that’s a Custom 24-08 as it has a veneer top and wouldn’t have binding. Maybe it has the wrong TRC.

One from an eBay listing almost identical to the one you posted -

I have yet to see a fake SE. The fakes are always of core guitars. There isn't any real money if faking the SE and S2 lines.
I've seen a fake SE Paul Allender (the one with bats from many years ago). The fake looked obviously fake.

I've seen a fake SE Paul Allender (the one with bats from many years ago). The fake looked obviously fake.
Interesting. What a strange guitar to knock off. I wonder if it was a one off build by someone that wanted one but thought it would be cheaper to build their own...

As others have said, it is an SE Custom 24-08, the guitar in my profile pic is the same. Someone put a "Standard" truss rod cover on it instead of the "Custom" cover.

Back