NPD! (New Prototype Day!)

Happy to help!! :)

30hNluD.jpg

:)

Your house has a built in Amp Cubby? Paint me green with envy!

Hmm...

Project "5815 LT+ Comparison in the two Prototypes"
  • Step 1: Find and buy another cool 2020 SC 594 - we will call that the "Donor Guitar"
  • Step 2: Remove LT+ pickups from new guitar and put them in the 2016 SC 594 Holy Grail Prototype
  • Step 3: Put 5815s or 5708s in the Donor Guitar and enjoy that one as a "hotter pickup" guitar for an SC 594
  • Step 4: A/B the two prototypes with 5815 LT+ pickups and report back to you guys here on that Apples to Apples comparison

It is my duty to do #4 for you guys here, as the unofficial and self-proclaimed SC 594 Club President! ;)

I guess I know my next fun search...

:)

2020 SC 594 5815 LT+ "Donor Guitar" secured, for the 5815 LT+ Prototype Shootout!

It is not prudent to post pics of a guitar not yet received and inspected to make sure it is a keeper, but suffice it to say it will prompt the usual comments of "Come on, Pete, leave some of the awesome tops for us!" :)

It will take me a few weeks to swap the pickups out, since the Donor Guitar will reside in my CA Apartment for the near term (need 594s in "all Ports!"). But we are on for the LT+ Prototype Shootout and eventually a Windy City crew get-together to get some more ears involved!

Holy sh## balls...........that is ridiculous.

I can only imagine how good it sounds.

The bridge pickup isn't set as high as most of the 594s I see. Are the two pickups more balanced than previous 594s?

If a "Core PRS" in this 2020 SC 594 with new LT+ pickups and Nitro finish can come within spitting distance of my Holy Grail Private Stock SC 594 Prototype, then they have done something special here with the 2020 tweaks! (Well, this one was probably built with some extra care and cherry-picked to be one sent to CME, but still...) None of my Wood Library or Core 2017 SC 594s came this close to the Holy Grail guitar. They were fantastic by any previous standard of a PRS Singlecut, or competitive model of any sort, but none of them made the Holy Grail guitar nervous. This one has the Holy Grail guitar looking over its shoulder at least!
OK, so now I recognize that my failure to acquire a SC594SH (2018/2019 vintage) (getting a DC 594SH instead) puts me in a position to acquire a 2020 SC594 (solid body) with LT+ pickups to completely make up for it!

Maybe Experience 2020 will have one awaiting me...

It is not prudent to post pics of a guitar not yet received!

A new trend started while you were on hiatus; Incoming NGD, complete with “guess what it is”, and teaser picks of a small portion of the guitar.

I may have helped start that trend :rolleyes:

Speaking of, I should go off to start a new thread.......:)

A new trend started while you were on hiatus; Incoming NGD, complete with “guess what it is”, and teaser picks of a small portion of the guitar.

Oh good Lord, what have you picked up now?

I thought I was bad, buying two core PRSi in December...

Oh good Lord, what have you picked up now?

I thought I was bad, buying two core PRSi in December...
It’ll be a few weeks. I’m in the middle of a refi and didn’t want to drop the cash, or add any debt. I also didn’t want it to get away, so I put a little down to hold it. It IS relative to this thread, though. Kind of....

Holy sh## balls...........that is ridiculous.

I can only imagine how good it sounds.

The bridge pickup isn't set as high as most of the 594s I see. Are the two pickups more balanced than previous 594s?

Thanks!

I haven't touched the pickup heights yet. It sounds too good to mess with that. ;)

Balance seems pretty good! (I don't pay much attention to the balance, as I am not playing out these days.)

OK, so now I recognize that my failure to acquire a SC594SH (2018/2019 vintage) (getting a DC 594SH instead) puts me in a position to acquire a 2020 SC594 (solid body) with LT+ pickups to completely make up for it!

Maybe Experience 2020 will have one awaiting me...

That's the spirit!!

Nice! I look forward to seeing what that is.

For anyone keeping track here, yes, that is 5 594 purchases for me since January 2. I think that is a record, even for me! :)

I made a New Year's resolution to get back into guitar, and I guess I am ALL IN!

In my defense, (1) I am making up for two years on hiatus and (2) the last two were caused by this new 2020 SC 594 / LT+ thing that sucked me in... ;)

(Chicago crew - if I buy any more in the month of January - feel free to stage an intervention!!)

Thanks!

I haven't touched the pickup heights yet. It sounds too good to mess with that. ;)

Balance seems pretty good! (I don't pay much attention to the balance, as I am not playing out these days.)

That's the spirit!!

Nice! I look forward to seeing what that is.

For anyone keeping track here, yes, that is 5 594 purchases for me since January 2. I think that is a record, even for me! :)

I made a New Year's resolution to get back into guitar, and I guess I am ALL IN!

In my defense, (1) I am making up for two years on hiatus and (2) the last two were caused by this new 2020 SC 594 / LT+ thing that sucked me in... ;)

(Chicago crew - if I buy any more in the month of January - feel free to stage an intervention!!)
I think you’ll like it.

No intervention! It’s nice to have you back in the game!

"Donor Guitar" for 5815 LT+ Pickups for the 2016 Private Stock SC 594 has arrived! (5815s are going into this one...)

It's a beauty. Full 2020 specs, new tuners, Nitro Finish, etc.

h8KjWKD.jpg

I have to say, these 2020 models are amazing. The Nitro finish IMO makes a huge difference. In 2017 I pretty much gave up on the Core and WL DC and SC 594s and went all-in on the Private Stocks - I really preferred the feel and tone of the Private Stocks, there was a huge difference for me. I think the Nitro finish on the Private Stocks versus the V12 on the Core and WL ones were a big part of that. The Core and WL 594s were still fantastic guitars in their own right, but the Private Stocks were at another level altogether for me. With these 2020's, the gap is narrowed SIGNIFICANTLY. (Which my wallet is very happy for!)

I still think Private Stocks are well worth the delta for the premium fit and finish, the Maple Binding and the custom finishes, sick tops and custom inlays, but feel and tone are now very close.

This one has an amazing resonance to it (even unplugged) that is stellar.

Nice job PRS team - these 2020 models are KILLER!!

Back