NPD! (New Prototype Day!)

Ohhhhhhhh Mama that is sweeeet! Beautiful all around, love the bird outlines and awesome top! Congrats and enjoy!!

Damn!
Pete you have a lot of new things to contrast and compare.

I know! It is going to take me about two months to really get to know all these guitars.

To top in off, I have an amp coming tomorrow - a NOS 30W HXDA Head. I had an HXDA back in the day, wanted to try one again now, this time with the Ox Box. I found it needed to be pretty loud to sound great, now that I have the Ox Box to tame the volume (and use it with headphones), it should be killer!

I will be busy for a while getting acquainted with everything...

Congrats again! Saw that listing on Reverb and thought ‘I know where that one is going to end up!’ :D

Yup! I have been looking at it for about a week now, but when they reached out to me today to chat about it, I went down there today to check it out. It exceeded all expectations, for looks, feel AND tone!

To top in off, I have an amp coming tomorrow - a NOS 30W HXDA Head. I had an HXDA back in the day, wanted to try one again now, this time with the Ox Box. I found it needed to be pretty loud to sound great, now that I have the Ox Box to tame the volume (and use it with headphones), it should be killer!

I will be busy for a while getting acquainted with everything...
That's a seriously beautiful top and finish. I love the grain of it, nice.

And the Ox Box... I got one a while back and love it. Between taming the big tubes, and the interface tones, it's one of the first really musical attentuators I've found. Good choice!

Wha....???

You’re getting all the good stuff!! :eek:

How do you find this stuff?? Like, just Google PRS prototype when you sense one?
giphy.gif

Congrats! One of the nicest tops I’ve seen! :D

Okay, I have made you wait long enough.

1G8850F.jpg

bSrHT0O.jpg

LdZAQEL.jpg

6U5D4W3.jpg

t8aB9EV.jpg

bbkF9fs.jpg

McCarty Sunburst! Killer vintage top.

It reminds me a TON of my several McCarty Sunburst SCs and DCs from the original Ted McCarty 245 run in 2009. In fact, this one has the yellow painted binding like the did on the Teds (and on Howard Leese's Golden Eagle Private Stock run), that they haven't done since. That is one of the reasons I just could not resist this one!

Plays and sounds great!

I got it from Chicago Music Exchange, went in there in person to check this out, along with a DC 594 Private Stock they had. This one of four guitars hand-selected by Paul send to the CME Team to check out the new 2020 guitars and the 5815 LT+ pickups. (They did a video with one of the other ones.) One of the guys there knew I was shopping for 594s, and reached out this morning and asked if I was interested in it, and talked about how great it was. My lucky day!

:)
absolutely knocked it out of the park with this one
Congrats...

Back