NOS - color conundrum

Ditto that...nothing like that Antique White look! Love it when they get a little yellow going.

Such a good look! There's a McSoapy on eBay with that color scheme that I've been gawking at for years.

My own experience is that when I buy an instrument with my eyeballs instead of my ears, I wind up wishing I hadn't.

I was blown away at the amount of people on this site that ordered PRS online when I first got to this board cause I'm not a "sight unseen" kinda person,

My alder CE, SE "O", and KL33 were all purchases where I played them first, and then knew I HAD to have them. I didn't want a KL like the one I played, I wanted THAT one! I waited two years before the original owner decided to part with it. My alder CE was the BEST sounding guitar in the store back when I bought it in 93, and my SE Orianthi took two weeks of craigslist f@ckery to acquire 'cause it had to be THAT one!

My online purchases of PRS have all been nice guitars, but I don't know if I'll ever do that again... Hmmm, I guess I just noticed that 2/3rds of my favorite PRS are Korina. Maybe Korina guitars are okay to buy without playing first?

Last edited:
I say don't spend 2k on something you're on the fence about.

It's true black "does" everything, but I'm not connecting to it, and although the vast majority of jazz boxes are wood toned or grained, Scott Henderson blows jazz & fusion chops on surfer looking strats, so you can always buck the status quo. I'm just not feeling it at all.
The 2 best looking korina pieces to me on their site are the transparent orange and the platinum, but there is a used charcoal burst CU available locally so who knows. Hey look at it this way, the only thing better than looking & talking guitars is owning & playing them, right?;)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to buy something you don't like, just don't let a genre decide what's acceptable for you to own. The black guitar has everything else on your checklist(lightweight and not gold), it's also not flashy. You're already bucking the system going after a PRS solidbody and not a giant jazz box, right ;)
Hell, Al D plays a damn rainbow guitar!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to buy something you don't like, just don't let a genre decide what's acceptable for you to own. The black guitar has everything else on your checklist(lightweight and not gold), it's also not flashy. You're already bucking the system going after a PRS solidbody and not a giant jazz box, right ;)
Hell, Al D plays a damn rainbow guitar!

I have a big jazz box that I can't play due to shoulder problems, it belonged to my father so I keep it around anyway, can't bring myself to sell it.
Al D don't play jazz man, don't get me wrong, he's one of my biggest influences although I kinda abandoned speed picking a bit these days. When I mean jazz, I mean Wes & Joe Pass and jazz standards, not fusion. I tried to put together a fusion thing in the mid 2000's but squashed it due to crowd it attracted (or lack thereof), more females come to the jazz & R&B gigs. LOL

Getting a solid is for versatility sake, I can't afford another HB the way I want it so having an axe I can do some rock, blues, spanky R&B rhythm or progressive/fusion is a good option for me. HB's feel a little looser to me, especially on the bottom strings, great for fluid lines and full sounding chords but solids feel tighter to me and I'll be able to do things & get sounds the HB doesn't do as well.

YES, the black one has 2 good points (light wt & chrome) but black?............. gotta go with the gut feeling........nope.

Back