No mod guitars

gush

Where is that speedo pic
I have 2 prs guitars that have their stock pickups and will stay that way.

Cu24 with 5909s and ce22 with drag 1s.
I've messed with cosmetics like rosewood bits here and there. I've even put a mann trem on my cu but no desire to change pickups on either of these.

I think the 8515s I recently picked up shall go in my CE24. This guitar is tricked out with more to come. It has rosewood PU rings and TRC. I just got rosewood tuner buttons that may go on the phase 2s Push pulls on Vol and Tone plus mann trem.
PTC refret........really nice guitar.

I thought this was going to be an easy answer. Turns out, I had to think about it (which the Mrs says I am forebodes to do on the weekends). Only my P245 SH and DGT haven't been touched in that way.

Well, there's no way I'm touching the White Westie!

I may have had to of shortened the trem arm, and then I'm probably gonna wire up the 53/10 split, and then I'm tryin' to decide if I really need that tone knob...

I may have had to of shortened the trem arm, and then I'm probably gonna wire up the 53/10 split, and then I'm tryin' to decide if I really need that tone knob...

The Westie has 5310s?

Oh

Oh man........I really like the 5310s. Rock it like a boss brother.

You know I will!!!

It was my dream neck pup 'cause I loved the way they sounded split in Chris Reynold's video. Not really into neck 'buckers much these days but need one to keep it classy lookin'.

I can't imagine making any changes to my 408 or DGT - those guitars are just dandy the way they are. (Although I've had thoughts of putting a Penguins logo on the 408, but I don't really count that.) And I think the Tremonti is 95% there - still think I need to adjust the neck pickup a bit.

But if my e-mail is correct, I'll be firing up the soldering iron later today...

30w combo. NOS Mullard XF-2's in the Power and NOS Mullards in the Pre. V30 replaced with a Scumback J75. I still have the V30 and original tubes (=C= Power and JJ pre). PM for a great deal!

Are you absolutely sure it doesn't need a one piece bridge and some 1980 saddles? I have a few sitting around...;)

Yeah!!! But I mean, after that I'm not modding it. :rolleyes::D

.. and leaving Jesse at I home? ;)

One or the other, your call! :p

I should hollered this morning. :oops: The Mrs and I were that way running errands and ended up at Yerbs for lunch and a margarita.

I'm declaring that my 594 shall remain mod free. It's just perfect for me out of the box.

Otherwise, I mod everything. Even the two parts builds I specced myself. It's generally part of my nature to customize and experiment.

Dang, I want a margarita now.

I have 5 PRS guitars and not one has been "modded" in any way. 1st reason is that I am not a technician and I will have to have someone else do the work, which costs $. Second reason is that all of my PRS's sound different and at least to me that is what keeps things interesting musically. Thirds reason, I purchased the guitars because I liked the way they sounded when I purchased them (even if in a few cases, it was a YouTube video that convinced me to buy)

With that said, I have been contemplating, for about the past year, changing out the VB / HFS pickups on my CU24 for a more modern sounding PRS pick up. Not sure I will ever pull the trigger and do it ;).

Only mod on my '95 CU22 is a first run truss rod cover in BRW, made by the yeti. Dragon 1's will NEVER be taken out!

My '12 P22 has a TRC from right here. I think I got the last 2 that were available. No other mods needed.

I have 5 PRS guitars and not one has been "modded" in any way. 1st reason is that I am not a technician and I will have to have someone else do the work, which costs $. Second reason is that all of my PRS's sound different and at least to me that is what keeps things interesting musically. Thirds reason, I purchased the guitars because I liked the way they sounded when I purchased them (even if in a few cases, it was a YouTube video that convinced me to buy)

With that said, I have been contemplating, for about the past year, changing out the VB / HFS pickups on my CU24 for a more modern sounding PRS pick up. Not sure I will ever pull the trigger and do it ;).

5909s will make that thing sing.

Back