Nicest forum on the net?

I came to this thread to soak up the good vibes.
I sometimes look through the PS Friday thread, mentally adding up the value of my existing gear and thinking things like, "If I sold it all, I'd be almost there. We could get by alright with only one car."

Funny thing about PSF thread... I do the opposite. I look, drool, dream for a second, then quickly go "for that much money, I could have an SC594, an Archon, and maybe a 305/Brent Mason/C24Floyd/Hollow Body/ or an SC or something else. Having that much tied up in one guitar doesn't work for my income/mindset. I'd rather have 2-3 guitars or 2 guitars and the Archon, etc. Now, if I had every guitar I ever wanted (So I'd need a couple more PRS, a Magesty 7 string and a couple more Taylors) and had plenty to spend on one more guitar, then absolutely I'd do it. But until I have ever base covered with primo stuff, I'm not quite there.

Funny thing about PSF thread... I do the opposite. I look, drool, dream for a second, then quickly go "for that much money, I could have an SC594, an Archon, and maybe a 305/Brent Mason/C24Floyd/Hollow Body/ or an SC or something else. Having that much tied up in one guitar doesn't work for my income/mindset. I'd rather have 2-3 guitars or 2 guitars and the Archon, etc. Now, if I had every guitar I ever wanted (So I'd need a couple more PRS, a Magesty 7 string and a couple more Taylors) and had plenty to spend on one more guitar, then absolutely I'd do it. But until I have ever base covered with primo stuff, I'm not quite there.

I think it's borne of a fantasy to devote myself to just one guitar and one amp (key word is "fantasy"). In reality I have four high quality electrics and one acoustic that meet my needs and keep me from falling into a rut.

The other side of my fantasy world is to have ALL THE PRS GUITARS!

only been a member for a day or so but so impressed with this positive welcoming forum, very unusual for the Internet in 2017

Now back to my 16th strums...

This forum was like a breath of fresh air to me.

People can forgive me for talking about non-PRS gear here so often, because no other forum is good for gear discussion that I have tried. You can't say anything any more about any brand or product without some childish illogical attacks levelled at you for it.

For example, I left another larger guitar forum recently because apparently my subjective first-hand experience (and explicitly presented as such) with Gibson guitars was not acceptable reading and it descended into fighting, really nasty stuff. It was a thread for discussing the brand, I tried to discuss it, and it turned into personal attacks within like 3 replies. You just can't have constructive discussion on a board like that.

Everyone seems friendly, informative, passionate and humble here which makes it a bit of a gem

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even close!, Believe me the boxing forums are even worse, I'm a huge boxing fan, used to be a welterweight in the Army, would love to discuss boxing issues online, but the biggest and best boxing forum online is a pure and unadulterated war zone, loaded with testosterone filled rants and ugly racist remarks. So bad even an iron willed veteran like me can't stand it..............

............THAT'S WHY I HANG OUT HERE WITH THE NICE GUYS AT PRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Thou art correct. What's worse are the YouTube Vlogs where the owner/idiots can't express their thoughts w/o cursing.
I'm no prude, but...

Hang around some cycling forums if you want to see some douchy personality's.
Yep. Got jumped on because I spent a grip on a new bike in Nov(just dropped some $$$'s on a Wilier Zero 7 frame).

Yep. Got jumped on because I spent a grip on a new bike in Nov(just dropped some $$$'s on a Wilier Zero 7 frame).

TRUTH. I don't hang around any cycling forums, but there certainly are some pricks in that sport. Not all, thankfully, also know some super nice guys that are very into it. But I can't hang around a group of them because there will inevitably be someone looking down on me because I'm a purely recreational rider. Glad this place is friendly!

TRUTH. I don't hang around any cycling forums, but there certainly are some pricks in that sport. Not all, thankfully, also know some super nice guys that are very into it. But I can't hang around a group of them because there will inevitably be someone looking down on me because I'm a purely recreational rider. Glad this place is friendly!

Ha! So am I. Used to be on one of the retro-grouch forums and couldn't take it anymore. I also don't hang with many other cyclists anymore. There are some really nice folks locally, and will ride with them once in a while, but it's usually some sort of adventure biking thing. Not speed, but how much fun can we have.

This is a great forum. to be honest, my 2nd favorite forum. the only one better to me is the DR.Z amp forum.!

Back