Nicest forum on the net?

Kinda looked like the camera went off while you were bearing down.
I guess I didn't know as much about guitar manufacturers as I thought? I've been playing for over 35yrs. I Had know idea you could build your own custom PRS. Or what it could cost! I mean I own some "high end guitars", but man almighty those are some BEAUTIFUL axes!!

I all but stopped playing for about 12 yrs back in the Noughtys then a guy at work decided he was gonna learn so I showed him a few chords and got the bug again.
Saw a PRS SE Soapbar. Rekindled the fire but only got mad about it about three years ago.
My passion has gone through the roof and I so love these instruments.
Thanks to you guys I cant put the bloody things down now(LOL)
Cheers guys you Ain't a bad sort.!!!!!!!!

Wonderful thought. Sadly, we have our share of thoroughbred dirt-bags.

We do? I guess I haven't been around long enough to meet them.

Or.... Wait.... are you talking about me???? I wasn't really in jail, you know. I was just acting tough for the new guys. Well, I was in jail once. We took a field trip in 3rd grade...

Lol. You should go back to the very first page and view the thread up to its end. Some amazing, amazing works of art!
Just a couple of days ago, I toured the factory.

If you think they look good in a picture...

The guitar arrived at the store on the 2nd, bought it on the 3rd, realized it had a bad tone pot and arranged to drop it off for repair last Tuesday. Dropped it off and went out for lunch. Came back for the tour (led by Len Johnson himself!) and he tells me he fixed my guitar PERSONALLY! The dude who works on Carlos Santana's and all the other big artists' guitars worked on my little SE!

I told him that nobody would believe it, so he wrote on one of his business cards, "I DID set up this guitar".

He's a great, friendly, down to earth and humble guy.

I'm still floored.

Just a couple of days ago, I toured the factory.

If you think they look good in a picture...

The guitar arrived at the store on the 2nd, bought it on the 3rd, realized it had a bad tone pot and arranged to drop it off for repair last Tuesday. Dropped it off and went out for lunch. Came back for the tour (led by Len Johnson himself!) and he tells me he fixed my guitar PERSONALLY! The dude who works on Carlos Santana's and all the other big artists' guitars worked on my little SE!

I told him that nobody would believe it, so he wrote on one of his business cards, "I DID set up this guitar".

He's a great, friendly, down to earth and humble guy.

I'm still floored.
That is awesome!!

I've only been hanging out here a couple of weeks, after stumbling on it quite by accident. So far, I'm liking what I see and hear, which is more than some forum sites I stopped visiting years ago. And y'all have sure been a welcoming bunch to this old dawg for sure.

I came to this thread to soak up the good vibes.

I know for a fact that I smile like a guy that just married Julie Bowen every time I pick up one of my PRS guitars, so maybe you're onto something!

Totally. Story time: I met Paul at the clinic he did here in Atlanta in September. When we opened the case for him to sign my HBII, I told him I special ordered it in 2002 and it still brings a smile to my face every time I open the case. Paul likened it to Oxycontin. I was fresh from having surgery and taking Oxycontin, so I confidently assured him that his guitars are much better!

Ok, since you're new, I'm giving you ONE warning. ONE! That's it. After that, it's all on you. So, much like how you'd do anything to keep your friend from doing crack or heroin for the first time, I'm going to give you one chance. DO NOT go to the PSF thread. If you do, your life as you know it will never EVER be the same again. Nothing you own and nobody near you will be safe. I strongly suggest you look at pictures of beautiful women instead because we've grown up knowing that we can never have them anyway. These guitars are different. They can't so "no" but they can say "you can't afford me.... YET!" Which will lead to selling your house, stealing from your parents, and who knows what else....

WARNING! WARNING!

Ok, you've been warned.

Edit: I WILL NOT be responsible for providing you with a link! I simply don't want you coming back on me later. But if I were you, I'd look in the Electronic Instruments section. I mean, I wouldn't do it, but if I were just looking to find out where the thread was, that's where I'd look.

I sometimes look through the PS Friday thread, mentally adding up the value of my existing gear and thinking things like, "If I sold it all, I'd be almost there. We could get by alright with only one car."

Back