NGD: Warning, Green Guitar Content, Viewer Discretion Advised

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
New Guitar Day. I'm the first owner of a PRS Singlecut Hollowbody which has been hanging on a dealer's wall since 2008. I had a birthday recently and just wanted to buy myself something, so I wound up getting this guitar. The technical justification was that this guitar has a piezo pickup,, which none of my other guitars had, and I liked the way that the hollow body would flavor the tone of the instrument.

As far as I can tell, the carved Maple top is a single piece instead of a bookmatched piece. The back of the guitar body is also carved, painted black and there is a single natural edge on the body. The body is thicker than a Les Paul and extremely light. I haven't plugged it in yet because the strings are 8 years old, I want to change the string size to 9's and perform an oil treatment on the fingerboard.

I don't usually give a name to my guitars but in this case my wife wanted to name it Kermie (like what Miss Piggy calls Kermit the Frog) while I wanted to name it the Green Manalishi (ie Judas Priest version \m/ ).

PRS_GreenManalishi_2485x192.jpg

PRS_GreenManalishi_2488x192.jpg

It's beautiful, but since you're keeping outside with a tree, I'd call it "Tree Hugger."

That is SWEET the exact guitar I would be looking for CONGRATS !!!!!!

That is a good-lookin fiddle you found. Surprised she was hanging out so long...glad you adopted her! Congrats (and happy birthday)!

The real question is, how are you going to incorporate it into you avatar pic? :)

Back