NGD Swamp Ash Studio and Bridge Pickup Swap (\m/ Content)

hubbdub

Been a while guys, but I couldn't turn down this deal from Brian's Guitars on this used Swamp Ash Studio. Received it about a month ago, but she's absolutely what I've been missing. I've had a standard Studio before, but sold it because I needed funds. It didn't take me long to regret it, and when I found this I had to have it! Love the classy black look with the flame maple neck! I'll upload pictures today after work, but here's a link to the shop pics on Brian's website:

http://briansguitars.com/product/used-paul-reed-smith-swamp-ash-studio-black

I find the narrowfields to be an amazing blend between single coils, and mini-hums; just enough quack that I want but fuller. I've read my share of comments on the 57/08 bridge being underpowered in this guitar, so I got an \m/ pickup retrofitted into the bridge. I thought about the 59/09 pickup, but I wanted to try something different! The pickup is "melt your face off" hot!

My question though, has anyone with a studio experienced volume drop in the "in-between" positions of the 5-way blade position? When I go to position 2 and 4, I notice a big difference in volume. Any advice would be well appreciated!

Killer score, congrats
curious though, is the narrow fields close tonally to the 513's pups?

BTW, I think the in between positions are always a little bit quieter in terms of volume, as to a "big" difference, I can't really say because I don't own one. But some difference is normal, I think.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! She plays as good as she looks! Got her set up for 11's; a tone monster for sure.

Appreciate the feedback vchizzle, the volume drop doesn't bother me much, just wanted to make sure that was normal.

When I purchased my Studio I too was under the impression that the difference in output was nill and it is except in the 2 adnd 4 positions...I have learned to compinsate and did adjust the pickup height a bit (very little bit) and it helped.

Back