NGD: Special Semi Hollow - Antique White

unretrofiedforu

After getting my S2 594 I've been obsessed with all things PRS. That and hanging out here, of course a Core example would be in my future :)

I wanted something completely different from the 594 , something I could use at gigs/practice (once this whole thing lets up), and something really versatile pickup wise. Was I in for a treat with this guitar.

The one thing I always appreciate about PRS are the custom proprietary stuff especially the pickups. I've never encountered a more usable coil tap/split setup , the 594 sounding more like a P90 than 'single coil'.

That and the semi hollow design, its clear why players today are gravitating back to this construction. Its just plain 3D. The attack means so much more without a big heavy solid body to do its own things with the energy.

And the best part? That weight ... around 6lbs... wow again never encountered a guitar this light , its almost like PRS' take on a Gretsch white falcon meeting a Parker Fly.

I was looking at the more usual Custom 22s/24s but not being able to settle on a color this one came up at a good price, glad I pulled the trigger

PRS SSH AW 2 by jpindustrie1985, on Flickr

PRS SSH AW 1 by jpindustrie1985, on Flickr

That looks *so* good in an opaque color! (I never would have guessed that)
Thanks for the eye-opening education.

Back