NGD - Shipping Soon

Glide-bpm

We were small but we were slow...
Okay... so I got a deal on a used Korean made PRS SE CU24 Floyd Rose (1000 model, I can live with it). Joining a hard rock/80's-90's/modern metal side band project to play about once a month. I already had the EVH Wolfie, but wanted another Floyd Rose guitar, preferably some sort of PRS... ESP Arming Aduster/Floyd Rose Trem-Endus will be installed after testiing her out upon arrival.

I almost went with a new Dusty Waring, but this is all I need for a 2nd guitar for the project, and I'm sure I'll be bringing my other PRS guitars out with this band some, too.

cyzkxpcyucphe5neiqxj.jpg

miuyv1xhaucgzrcnyi7d.jpg

vw2kpy44guhpjaxgqera.jpg

r0lw2xehgkjoxgoowwzo.jpg

xrkgfnmz4hgqxlsviydq.jpg

iuuhbfvpvvfvtdvduekn.jpg

Congrats, she's beautiful! And I've been out of the Floyd loop for decades yet have suffered ZERO with the FR 1000 on my DW CE24, after a solid string break-in - tuning is great. You're gonna love it long time!

Yeahhhh babyyyyyyyy!!!

Which, in my case, was a blur of introverted shyness, social ineptitude, and lost opportunities. Despite the current times we live in, I miss the much slower pace of life devoid of the mentality we see after 10PM these days. You thought kids had it tough when you were growing up? Consider the fast-paced lives of people today, the hardcore partiers.... I think my life would be vastly different had I discovered Dokken, Warrant, Poison, Whitesnake, etc. when they released their CDs.

You'll be happy to know I pose no threat as a shredder to more accomplished guitarists. In the 80's I was focusing on classic rock of the 70s and perhaps some SRV. Had not heard of New Wave, but dug songs like My Sharona, Hip to Be Square, Cult of Personality, Words, Fire & Ice, the classic songs that were popular on AOR.

My parents were still reeling during these years, and the only thing they requested from me was to keep a clean kitchen if I'd made a mess. In time, I gradually broke out of the mold of classic rock and discovered blues and jazz. My technique was far too sloppy for metal or shred. Besides, my thought was to play so as to allow the listener to digest what was played, not subject them to an onslaught of speed metal. TBH, it's not clear to me when people play too quickly.

These days, my partying is far more subdued and conservative. Growing older has put a kibosh on lifting loud and heavy amps, drinking until bar close, and staying out late. Like some, I value my life and really can't expect to keep up with a much younger crowd.

Shredders, metalheads and headbangers, you'll find me sitting quietly at home, sipping a beer and cuppa tea, cleaning up the kitchen and doing some stretching exercises before bed. Best wishes.

Which, in my case, was a blur of introverted shyness, social ineptitude, and lost opportunities. Despite the current times we live in, I miss the much slower pace of life devoid of the mentality we see after 10PM these days. You thought kids had it tough when you were growing up? Consider the fast-paced lives of people today, the hardcore partiers.... I think my life would be vastly different had I discovered Dokken, Warrant, Poison, Whitesnake, etc. when they released their CDs.

You'll be happy to know I pose no threat as a shredder to more accomplished guitarists. In the 80's I was focusing on classic rock of the 70s and perhaps some SRV. Had not heard of New Wave, but dug songs like My Sharona, Hip to Be Square, Cult of Personality, Words, Fire & Ice, the classic songs that were popular on AOR.

My parents were still reeling during these years, and the only thing they requested from me was to keep a clean kitchen if I'd made a mess. In time, I gradually broke out of the mold of classic rock and discovered blues and jazz. My technique was far too sloppy for metal or shred. Besides, my thought was to play so as to allow the listener to digest what was played, not subject them to an onslaught of speed metal. TBH, it's not clear to me when people play too quickly.

These days, my partying is far more subdued and conservative. Growing older has put a kibosh on lifting loud and heavy amps, drinking until bar close, and staying out late. Like some, I value my life and really can't expect to keep up with a much younger crowd.

Shredders, metalheads and headbangers, you'll find me sitting quietly at home, sipping a beer and cuppa tea, cleaning up the kitchen and doing some stretching exercises before bed. Best wishes.

Don't feel too left out... My main gigs are the church band and a rock/pop/blues/etc band. The hard rock/metal one will be about one night per month.
Thank God for retirement!

Don't feel too left out... My main gigs are the church band and a rock/pop/blues/etc band. The hard rock/metal one will be about one night per month.
Thank God for retirement!

Thanks, I'm good. Just because the car speedometer goes past 135MPH doesn't mean I need to take her up there. It's more of a personal preference, because too fast doesn't allow the listener to digest what he or she hears. Let it be known, I don't cause GAS. I only fuel my tank with it. ;)

We'll be with you in spirit. Keep us posted.

post the set list.

Still working on it. It has some Crue, Ratt, Metallica, Megadeath, Priest, Lynch Mob, Poison (ouch), Sammy Haggar's recent YouTube version of Whole Lotta Rosie, Van Halen, etc... so far. Alice In Chains, Seether, possibly some Maiden.

Work in progress. It will be hard rock/metal from a few decades!

You can always work on it tomorrow. Tonight, am watching the moon rise and stars begin to twinkle from my back porch. Would enjoy sitting out there with a beer and a deck chair for a while, but the bugs are out and I don't want mosquitos. Instead, will listen to some guitar instructional vids and put the feet up...kitchen sink pots and pans will be next on the list.

Which Megadeth? A Tout Le Monde is something I hope to learn someday...

Back