NGD - SE Chris Robertson - Blackstone Cherry

shimmilou

Established in 1963
I actually got it from Daves a few weeks ago, but just got to hear it with the band today. What an amazing guitar! It is so responsive and articulate, with a nice variety of sounds with the switching selections and pups. The 57/08 sounds super sweet by itself, clean is great, exceptional when using more gain on the amp, and blends extremely well with the P90, which also sounds great by itself. The middle position with the bridge split is fantastic! It is a little noisy when using higher gain on the amp, but very tolerable, and not very noticeable while playing. To me, the fret board looks a bit like ziricote, just beautifully figured. Of course the whole guitar looks terrific too. The band leader put this guitar among his top few favorites, and I have to agree, especially after hearing a pro play it. We all enjoyed it very much today, super inspiring sounds, and quite a treat to look at also. :cool:

50042865027_6da5de2ce1_o.jpg

50042606676_83444cd82b_o.jpg

I *knew* I should have bought one new when when I heard their production was stopping, but I missed out. Your post confirms that.

Enjoy that beautiful, flexible machine.

That's a gorgeous one!

I've never seen a SR without any black around the edge of the burst. Mine is much darker - but also the flame is much subtler. Yours almost looks like a flamed cap, not just a veneer.

Back