NGD (SC245--oh yeah!)

Agreed, I love things with "character" -- one of my favourite tops I own has this completely asymmetrical kind of wooshy thing going on.

A great score at a great price. You can always change out the pick ups if you decide the 57-08's are not right for you (especially given all the $ you saved already!)

FYI - Looks like it has been raining a lot in your area (from the pics), please send some rain my way.

Thanks, gents. I don't want anyone to think I was disappointed with the grain pattern on the top. I'm not at all! Maybe 20 years ago I would have been, but as I've aged, I have learned to appreciate the different quirks and character found in nature. I love things made from wood and find grain patterns beautiful. Each one tells its own story. If the guitar was completely symmetrical, it would look like something fake made in a plastic factory. I was just speculating as to why I got such a favorable price on this instrument. It's not because I'm a nice guy (even though I can be).

BTW, it plays beautifully. Really loving the different tones I'm getting. At this point I see no reason to switch pickups--the 57/08s sing. Check out a SC245 if you are looking for something in that scale or along the lines of a Les Paul. Highly recommended!

My other PRS guitars have both been NF3s so this is quite a change for me but not a difficult one at all. PRS builds a pretty stinkin' good guitar!
rockin_zpsrygq53ba.gif

tumblr_lqisihyfxq1qaljgi-552304176adff.jpg

what's the name of the finish. when i was younger i was never fond of brown guitars, but since i have the tortoise finish of the akerfeldt i have weak spot for distinguished classy brown finishes.

Congrats, and welcome to Club SC245! Love Black Gold Burst and thinner, non-bursting Black Gold, too.

BTW, you may feel like you got a great deal because the PRS box was missing, but you're always going to wonder how much more special this could have been. So, with any luck, you'll find out when you get the next one... :top:

Congrats! The 57/08s sound a lot better to my ears than than 58/15s. I have a '13 SC245 with the 57/08s. My number 1 axe! And I have 4 other PRSi mind you

Back