NGD! S2 Mira SH

mookyshoots

Mom always told me I was special
Newly arrived and looking sweet. I have a lot of experience with G&B pickups and just I'm not a fan, so had a replacement pickguard already prewired with a set of core Mira pickups (thanks to a certain someone) waiting to go in, so that got installed last night.

Did I mention how freakin' light this thing is????

The S2 line is so underrated when folks try comparing it to the SE line, which is also great but just not the same level as the S2 line.

Going back to the pickups, the core Mira's are a bit darker than I prefer, so I'm not sure if they'll be staying in there for long. I'm going to give them a week or two to let me ears get used to them and go from there. I'm so used to the Suhr Thornbuckers in my CE22, which are just so clear, so that's my reference point to give you an idea of what I like pickup-wise. I think the only other thing I might change at some point is the bridge. Thinking either the MannMade or the USA Paul's bridge with the brass inserts.

And of course, there has to be pics.

Before:

SRMuyFh.jpg

After:

3vsmuXi.jpg

Perfect mira, it may just be the 22frets neck position thing as they are quite trebly in a core

Oh, alright. Because I was wondering why you thought I had any “good” pickups laying around.

A sure fire way for me to buy another guitar is if I have a set of pickups. Like, I can’t just leave them alone in a drawer.
I've got some pick ups you can have, as long as they lead to guitar shopping!

Back