NGD: PRS SE 245 (First electric in 20+ years!)

Alpione

Hey all..

Received this over the weekend as my first electric guitar in many years. Been acoustic-only for a long time just because I didn't expect to be playing in a band. That's changed recently and I needed some more juice to match my bandmates.

Chose the 245 because it's simple, great-looking and has the wide-fat neck. The thing fits me great after being used to thick Martin necks. You may know that the dark-cherry burst isn't offered anymore. I got this NOS and it's a 2013 model. Can't find a flaw on it, and the well-known PRS build quality is obvious here.

All I've done to it is go up to .10s and adjusted the relief accordingly. Plays great and I have more control than I did with the stock .9s. Having a blast already and looking forward to exploring some sounds. I'm a total newbie when it comes to electrics.

A

prs3.JPG

prs2.JPG

prs1.JPG

congratz. wonderful guitar. i have bought myself one a couple of months ago with a gold finish. i saw Black Stone Cherry perform and the singer had this version. when looking around on the net i found one in Holland so i let the company ship it to a Belgium location of their store chain. fell i love the minute i touched it.

great guitar! awesome finishing, action on the neck, sound, weight (mine's very light and as a back sufferer that's very welcome) very happy with my 245.

let's start a 245 club :)

Nice looking guitar! My next SE *might* be a 245.

The only thing I don't like about the SEs are the lack of color choices for each model. Only like 2 or 3 each and I can't seem to find purple on any one except the custom 24.

Cool! Exploration is the most fun when getting a new guitar. Finding out how it reacts to certain things....good stuff.

The only thing I don't like about the SEs are the lack of color choices for each model.

so true. boring black, too many black cherry or sunbursts (as for the new 277, the lack of colors is really putting me off)
bring orange and green and purple to the SE line for more models

Back