NGD Orion Green Silver Sky!

Black Plaid

Other Alan!
Firstly, why didn't ya'll tell me how much better the new rosewood fretboard model was!

Granville, over at Eddie's Guitars hooked me up with this killer example

cb7eb2ce35a47033.jpg

It's wonderfully balanced at 7.25 lbs! (Balancing that on this table was quite the nerve wracking experience :eek:)

As it's just a solid green guitar that ya'll have seen a ton of, I won't spam this with the usual angles, but instead point out some interesting (to me, anyway) details that no one seems to have mentioned.

This is the first NEW PRS I've bought for myself since 2006! (I seem to have gravitated to collectible, to me, used ones)

I had played one pre-pandemic when they first came out, can't remember the color, but it was uninspiring for some reason.

I bought this one bemoaning my lack of a true strat sound in my collection, thinking I would just live with however it is to get that tone.

But this thing is currently my fave. The neck is super comfy, and the frets are better for me than the OG. And the sound is just <chef's kiss>

The fret dimensions, because it seems no one has mentioned it, measure out at 1.35mm wide and 2.3mm high. Thin, but plenty of tall.

Last edited:
Now that you know I love the guitar, I don't think I've ever received a perfect one ... ok, except the Santana.

Here are the issues the guitar had, and how I fixed them:

I was doing a setup, as the action came higher than I like. Two of the frets had high spots on the bass side, the 11th and 20th. Just took a bit of 600 grit to them to take off a few thou and get them perfect. Maybe I'll crown and polish those one day.

Adjusting the saddles, one of the height adjustment screws stripped. Argh. The bend in the saddle on the treble side of the D was too tight. I loosened it enough to get the screw working, at least with some pliers and got it to the right height, but it's stripped. Mailed support, we'll see if they will send me a new one for free (fingers crossed!)

The dog-tag TRC was rattling. snugged down the screw, but didn't completely fix it. Didn't want to torque down that tiny wood screw and strip it out. Putting a slight convex bend in the TRC sorted that out perfectly.

Taking off all the strings to change them to 9s (what can I say, I'm an 80s shredder at heart), I actually had to tighten the truss rod to get it to go flat. I think I heard some places do that on purpose, but felt odd for a PRS.

Trying out a set of DR Pure Nickel Wrap, but the B string seems to be slipping. No wonder they were cheap.

I *almost* adjusted the bridge so it would be flush with the top, like every piece of literature on the matter mentions, but it turns out there may be some confusion on the meaning. So I am leaving it as is.

The one problem I haven't yet decided how to fix is that now the action is adjusted to where I like it, the saddle screws poke out and into my hand. I may end up sanding them down to size.

Beautiful guitar!

I wish I bonded musically with Strats. I love them when other people play them. And that one's so pretty.
I owned a combination of strats and strat-shaped guitars over the years, but never really bonded with them. Until now. Maybe I got lucky, but I these seems to be really special guitars.

If you can, you owe it to yourself to find one of these 2022+ rosewood fretboard models and give it a spin. I don't know what they usually come in at, but the 7.25 lbs really makes it comfortable for me.

Back