NGD: McCarty 594 Singlecut Yellow Tiger

Not only are the guitars awesome, even your WALLS are awesome!! :)

ha ha . Thanks. it's my little getaway room I build a few years back. That area is the guitars and amps and playing area, front half of room I have turntable etc as well as PC set up for recording.

Thanks guys. The finish certainly does have that Joe Perry Boneyard thing going on, which is cool as I always liked that. It plays like butter. I gave it some serious time last night, stayed bang in tune all night. I love the bridge / tailpiece, what a fantastic design Paul did on that.

and no offense to anyone re my Murphy Labs comment. I've played a couple and I just wasn't impressed. Add to that the recent finish falling off and the price being much higher that the 594...it's just not for me.
I played a very nice Gibson LP R6 Murphy Lab at CME a few weeks ago. Very nice but it was also 8K.

I played a very nice Gibson LP R6 Murphy Lab at CME a few weeks ago. Very nice but it was also 8K.

Oh I'm sure there are some nice ones out there for sure. I just wasn't impressed with the ones I played. $8k US is $10K Cn + 13% tax. No thanks.

Arrived today. So happy! My first PRS singlecut. Joins the core Custom 22 and Pauls Guitar. I've owned lots of Les Paul's over the years. Still have 4. This though blows them away.

You can keep your Murphy Labs.....

Stunning! Congrats :cool:

Just wanted to say that having now owned this for a few weeks and played it a lot, more than any other in my collection. I LOVE this thing! I cannot find a single fault with it. To quote Joe "Perfect out of the box".
I changed the strings to 9.5's, as I prefer them on my Paul's Guitar (PRS Sig strings).
Magical!
Having bought a CU22 and Paul's, I started to gravitate to double cuts after years of being a LP player. This 594 has made me fall in love with the single cut again.

Killer top!! Love those THICK flames near the bottom!!! Congrats big time!!

Back