NGD HNF2

Luminandy

I got this on a stellar deal. The seller was really great with describing everything about this guitar to me. I am eventually going to make a new pickguard for her, maybe wood. The pickup mod was done poorly, with the 59/09 screwed directly onto the body, and two access holes on the guard. For now, I will have to put in a ring to cover the holes, so I can hopefully install the pickup so it can be adjusted. It sounds fantastic anyway, and the neck and action are just perfect for me. This will be my main stage axe, with my midi set up, so the black will work great. I researched this to be sure it would be a great player, and the neck is perfect. I love the medium jumbo frets for bending and tapping. NF pickups are nearly impossible to find, but I might wait and see if I find one before I get a new guard and all that. Definitely open to any suggestions on guard builders ect. I researched, but it is a tough one to just find fs somewhere. Enough babbling, here is the rugged beauty.

I got this on a stellar deal. The seller was really great with describing everything about this guitar to me. I am eventually going to make a new pickguard for her, maybe wood. The pickup mod was done poorly, with the 59/09 screwed directly onto the body, and two access holes on the guard. For now, I will have to put in a ring to cover the holes, so I can hopefully install the pickup so it can be adjusted. It sounds fantastic anyway, and the neck and action are just perfect for me. This will be my main stage axe, with my midi set up, so the black will work great. I researched this to be sure it would be a great player, and the neck is perfect. I love the medium jumbo frets for bending and tapping. NF pickups are nearly impossible to find, but I might wait and see if I find one before I get a new guard and all that. Definitely open to any suggestions on guard builders ect. I researched, but it is a tough one to just find fs somewhere. Enough babbling, here is the rugged beauty.

Cool! Bet it rocks! Nice find.

As for pick guards, there are places that you can get a template from, outline what you want, and they'll make it for you.

http://www.pickguards.com/

http://www.terrapinguitars.com/

Nice score!

I'd be keeping the 59/09 in the bridge, as much as I love Narrowfields, I also love 59/09s! Makes it a very versatile axe!

New pickguard, maybe move the 59/09 closer to the bridge... The OCD in me says to move the middle pickup so it's centered between the neck and bridge, but if you're happy with the "in-between" tone you may want to leave it.

Can you split the bridge? If not, get a push-pull, do the resisitor mod (2.2k resistor between the split wire and ground) and don't look back.

Oh, and get some lampshades to make the knobs "period correct"! :)

Thanks guys! Looks like I've got a little more work than expected just to get it how I need it
for now. The 59/09 was screwed to the wood with larger screws, and made the holes in the pickup larger. I located screws that work. I will need a thinner ring than I tried because it brought the pickup too high. I will probably leave it in it's current position in order to fit my gk3 on the guard as well. I hope to someday fit it with an internal gk, to clean it up a bit, but that will take some time. At least modding this will alleviate my GAS for some time. I will find out just how happy I am with the sound in a day or two when I can plug her
into my rig.

I remember seeing that one on reverb. Glad it went to a forum member. I think keeping the 59/09 could be a pretty sweet combo with those NF's

I remember seeing that one on reverb. Glad it went to a forum member. I think keeping the 59/09 could be a pretty sweet combo with those NF's
I couldn't resist when the price dropped. Finally got the pickup situated correctly. It had a pretty nasty angle going on. The seller wasn't the one who hacked this baby up, and he was pretty astounded at how someone would do such a thing to a relatively new PRS. The frets are like new, and it plays great. I figured having a full humbucker will suit me for leads, and the other pups will be great for everything else. The 59/09 mounts very deep, and it was cut out poorly, hence the low price. I am pretty happy with my sleeper though. Not easy selling a reliced PRS.

Back