NGD - First Time PRS Owner

Welcome and happy NGD! That’s a real stunner!

If you like the guitar a lot - and it sounds like you do - and you’re ok with that little blem as-is, I’d just let the shop know and see if you can reach an agreement that if it spreads somehow, they’ll make it right. Looks pretty small as is.

Beautiful guitar. Hopefully the dealer will do you right. You seem to love the guitar, so it seems better to keep it and figure out an option to repair or just not worry about it and stress less on putting that first ding in it!

The guitar is gorgeous! There are 'magic' guitars that fall into our hands, and when you're lucky enough to get one, the universe has been kind to you, and it's gotta be a keeper.

I agree with 11Top, that spot looks like it can be buffed out. Based on experience, I can recommend using Virtuoso products with a microfiber terrycloth (to avoid polishing swirls). They have a very fine polish that might or might not take it out by itself, but if you need to start with a heavier grit, you can begin with their heavier polish, followed by the fine polish in a two step process.

Congrats! Great top and color and that natural back is beautiful.
That's a nice a score!

Pretty guitar! It’s hard to tell from the photo, but along with your description, i wouldn’t be surprised if that couldn’t be buffed out.
Thanks, 11top. I think it could probably be buffed out as well. It definitely feels like a surface blemish.

Welcome and happy NGD! That’s a real stunner!

If you like the guitar a lot - and it sounds like you do - and you’re ok with that little blem as-is, I’d just let the shop know and see if you can reach an agreement that if it spreads somehow, they’ll make it right. Looks pretty small as is.
I reached out to the store as soon as I opened the case and reached out to be very quickly. I know we'll be able to work it out.

Beautiful guitar. Hopefully the dealer will do you right. You seem to love the guitar, so it seems better to keep it and figure out an option to repair or just not worry about it and stress less on putting that first ding in it!
You know I was thinking the same thing, vchizzle. The stress is definitely off but I'll still baby it for a long long time.

The guitar is gorgeous! There are 'magic' guitars that fall into our hands, and when you're lucky enough to get one, the universe has been kind to you, and it's gotta be a keeper.

I agree with 11Top, that spot looks like it can be buffed out. Based on experience, I can recommend using Virtuoso products with a microfiber terrycloth (to avoid polishing swirls). They have a very fine polish that might or might not take it out by itself, but if you need to start with a heavier grit, you can begin with their heavier polish, followed by the fine polish in a two step process.
Thanks so much for the recommendation.

You know I was thinking the same thing, vchizzle. The stress is definitely off but I'll still baby it for a long long time.
To some people, having their guitar pristine is super important and that’s fair, especially on a new instrument. While I do take care of mine, I’m a gigging guitarist in a rock band. Live shows will be played with vigor at times and I’ll gig pretty much all of my guitars including my PS, so I don’t expect them to stay mint for forever. I guess I’d rather enjoy them for what they give me while playing a show and not worry so much about bumps and bruises along the way. I’m not throwing them 20 feet in the air or anything crazy but I don’t handle them with the kid gloves that I’d handle someone else’s guitar. Different strokes, YMMV and all that jazz. I respect however anyone wants to handle their guitars. I feel certain I’d not gig a PRS Dragon, so there’s that.:)

What a beauty! The Cu24 is the most fun guitar on the planet!

Others here have said it and I know it sounds cliche, but that smudge definitely will buff right out. Easily.

Congrats on scoring that beautiful guitar and welcome to the forum. I also agree agree that the smudge can most likely be buffed out. But I would also contact the dealer about it and see if you can some sort of compensation.

Back