NGD! CE24

RallyFanatic

Perpetual musical mid-life crisis
More like new guitar week as I’ve had it for a bit, but wanted to spend some time with it before posting.

First the fun stuff/prerequisites. Here’s the family photo, which is now 100% PRS. The Elder of the group in the back is my 2006 SE Custom that I’ve had forever now:
39-C46-B4-C-66-FE-4-A8-A-AFDB-84-E83-A847590.jpg

I

Seems to have been a server error, so here’s the rest of the post...

I had some black tuner buttons from a previous S2 Standard - I think they look great with the CE headstock, though I may try to find some larger ebony ones:
8-B6-A71-B5-0-C8-A-4-BA6-A82-F-166-CF8540-DC5.jpg

And here’s a more complete family photo...
86-B2-AC5-E-58-AF-4114-ABC4-14260-EAC523-C.jpg

So my thoughts - in the same way I absolutely love my SS as a 3 single coil guitar, I love this as a dual humbucker guitar. It’s hugely versatile, more so than I thought it would be. Has a very pleasing, articulate sound no matter how much gain I throw at it. The satin neck is a dream, the SS may be a bit jealous of the finish. As a total package, it’s perfect! Between this and the SS I don’t feel like I really need anything else (want is a different story).

Best part - I bought it from a friend of a friend who only had it 3 months but was having a fire sale to fund an incoming baby. Like me he’s a living room rock star so it’s 100% spotless. Gave me a great combo deal with the Roland FP30 in the background. Not that I know anything about playing piano, but I’ve always wanted to...
I

Awesome!

As for the dog, I have a cat like that! He's a Maine Coon and follows me everywhere. Big cat. Plays catch, wants my attention, and then ignores me. He sleeps on the floor between me and the amp when I play. And takes up the foot of the bed at night. The other cats love my wife....but this one is attached to me. Animals are great!!

Awesome!

As for the dog, I have a cat like that! He's a Maine Coon and follows me everywhere. Big cat. Plays catch, wants my attention, and then ignores me. He sleeps on the floor between me and the amp when I play. And takes up the foot of the bed at night. The other cats love my wife....but this one is attached to me. Animals are great!!

funny you mention it, my Norwegian Forest Cat - at 17 pounds - is my other shadow, but he’s no fan of the guitars...
E9641-A6-B-7-C7-E-425-A-82-BB-19-DECDBEC0-B7.jpg

Sweet axe, and great family!

I can relate to the magnetic dog. On of is like that, and does it in a stealth manner. Sneaks up behind you so you almost trip over her when you turn around.

Back