NGD: Blood Orange Quilt CU24 30th - and then there were two!

goat-n-gitter

Dismembered
Just five months after joining the ranks of PRS owners with my 2013 P22, I've added a Wood Library CU24 30th in Blood Orange quilt with a birdseye maple neck and an African blackwood fingerboard:

IMG_5859_zps0ruizq3k.jpg

IMG_5831_zpsly0yxerd.jpg

IMG_5897_zps9p2nishd.jpg

IMG_5871_zpscvbrnn5q.jpg

And my two beauties together:

IMG_5887_zpsox2x3cjo.jpg

IMG_5889_zpszhgsq7ny.jpg

This is my first guitar with a "bare" maple neck (I know there is a finish, but it feels quite nekkid), and I quite like it.
The African Blackwood fingerboard feels similar to Ebony.
Soundwise, The Custom with 85/15s does a bit better job at "stratty" sounds in the single coil positions and modern high gain in the humbucker modes compared to my P22,
while the P22 with 57/08s nails the classic PAF "gibby" thing a little better. Both guitars are incredibly versatile and sound awesome through both my Mesa Mark V and my Vox AC30CC2X.
The P22 gets the nod if I only carry one (and need to cover acoustic parts) due to the piezo, but the CU24 can cover a bit more ground as a pure electric with the range from the 85/15s and having a trem.

I think I'll keep them both. My multitude of non-PRS guitars are all very lonely.

Tom

Beautiful guitars! And I really like your strap coordination!

The straps work don't They?! I stopped at the local shop to find one for the orange guitar and that blue one jumped out and slapped me. Weirdly enough, they have the same fabric pattern, but are from different companies?

Tom

Congratulations. Love that neck and the P22 color is wonderful too.
In September, you should think about a green one (if they have a matching strap)!

Awesome looking axe! And yeah, the strap co-ordination is quite well executed. As to being made by different companies: probably just marketed by different companies, bought in bulk from the same true manufacturer, made in the same factory somewhere...

Back