NGD - Finally picked up a core!

Tedder

Unprofessional
This is a CU24-08 wood library with a satin Jade Smokeburst 10 top, swamp ash body, rosewood neck, cocobolo FB and headstock veneer and TCI tuned 85/15s.

I'm used to an SE CU24 that has Lindy Fralin's with coil taps and mini toggles. The pattern thin neck is a bit fatter than the wide thin on the SE, but it already feels like home. The pickups sound amazing, even compared to the Fralin's. Really stoked to get my hands on this one.

I can't even begin to express how awesome this guitar is. Of course, I went full crazy with the wood library.... but this guitar just speaks to me on all levels. It plays well. Sounds great. Feels great. Look amazing. I even think the 85/15s with the TCI tuning sound way better than the Fralins i have in my SE CU24 with the mini toggles and coil taps.

This guitar, for me, is 26 years in the making. I got off of the streets as a homeless person to be able to own a guitar like this. I'm not a great player. Might not even deserve this guitar from a professional aspect. But damn, I am happy. I get to jam with people every couple of weeks and my wife and I get to sing and play together. We did so at our wedding.

My wife? She is a penny pincher. But even she could see why this mattered so much. She helped make this purchase possible.

Thanks to every one on this forum for the support, encouragement and feedback throughout this endeavor. I am keeping the SE as the backup, and I love that guitar. The new one just does the same thing in such an improved way.

#1stWorldProblems

Last edited:
Back