NGD Bernie

Davey

Just Jammin'
After researching, I thought this model would scratch that itch, so I've been jonesing for one of these for a while.
All the recent posts and talk on here about the Bernie Marsden's only stoked that fire.
Most on the verb have been priced a bit higher than I had them valued at so I kept searching the interwebs.
I stumbled across this at GC of all places. The ad was one pic, terrible lighting, a horrible down angle shot, and the guitar looked very dark and uninspiring.
I almost X'd it out and moved on and I decided whats the harm in calling and asking for a few additional pics.
New pics were much, much better and the price was right.

All stock 2012 PRS SE Bernie Marsden in very near mint condition
I ordered a new core nut and that's all I'm going to change for right now and just get it setup to my liking and see what it can do.

I can't really say much more about these than whats already been said. I am already liking the tones and feel of this one. The neck is superb in the hands. The 245 pickups have a nice bite and growl and I'll tinker with pickup heights as I go. It has a nice weight and balance. Feels like I've owned this for years.
Super impressed in the build quality and overall feel. Another fantastic value and super guitar PRS has put together. This is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

All I can say is "Thanks Paul, for doing what you do!"

51907785098_0842005c5b_b.jpg

51908319870_37c32ba37c_b.jpg

51908319680_07d38a7dff_b.jpg

51908011559_259d9c3857_b.jpg

Awesome Score!!!!
the GC around my area never have this kind of gems around so I had to do a serious search until I found, like yours, a 2013 mint Bernie.

Like you've also mentioned, the neck is SO choice..had my since after Xmas and I'm going to swap out the pups just yet...But you can see my this link that I am MOD-friendly..lol!!!!
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/new-bernie-owner-mods-are-in-the-works.50704/

hope the link works....
would love to see more pics...!!!

Thanks all.
I am really enjoying this Bernie.
As I said, just going to swap the nut and then play it for a few weeks and then decide if I want to change up anything else.

For all owners, current and previous, does anyone know of a hard case that will accommodate the Bernie?
I don't want to use the soft carry bag and there is a possibility of moving at some point, I want to make sure it's protected on the road with me.
I have an older SKB for my LP and the Bernie sits up to high, neck angle is so much flatter than an LP that the case won't shut.
I also have a Gator GC LPS for an Epi and the Bernie will fit, but I would have to add some padding to lift the body to bring the neck end down into the cradle for support.

Anyone try the Epi ENLPCS hard case? or others that have worked?
Thanks in advance!

Here's a few more additions. Really need to get a decent camera.
I actually swapped the nut for a black core nut (didn't like the ghostly white tusk xl in there), lampshades, some Gotoh sd90's and I had a core
bridge that I decided to try. Maybe I'll soak the white tusk in some coffee to see if I can yellow it up some.

51913106495_d3d6916f59_b.jpg

51912490936_8e47c4cf22_b.jpg

Hard to see with my lack of photo quality, but there is some nice grain variation in the fretboard with some darker streaks.
51911527957_f174704fba_b.jpg

A slight bit of flame going on
51912491036_832acc65bc_b.jpg

All in all, super happy. Going to keep in the 245's for a while as I like them so far and since it's my first set of 245's, I want to see what they can do. Although I do have a 57/08 that would probably work nicely in the neck position. The only spare bridge pickup I have is a covered \m/ and I don't know how that would sound.....

51913109110_5f06a0cb45_b.jpg

Back