NGD BDAY DGT !

Congrats on the new DGT! Can't see the pics, but ever since I saw that cherry sunburst in the PRS vids posted here, I seriously considered getting a cherry SB instead of my yellow tiger. But I have no regrets, love my yellow tiger.

Delivery this afternoon ! In my daily browsing of the 'Verb I noticed that only 15 of the 14,968 PRS total for sale had full rosewood necks ..
0.001% ( checking across all brands , the % is the same 1 in 1000)

I feel very blessed to have 4 now McSoapy,Santana emp special, Single cut and now the DGT.

The maple , mahogany and pernambuco necked models are all delightful .. but Rosewood just has a very special ring to it .
I have a 4x4 billet of Cocobolo for a neck through that is the same way , even at that size it rings like a marimba

Last edited:
Delivery this afternoon ! In my daily browsing of the 'Verb I noticed that only 15 of the 14,968 PRS total for sale had full rosewood necks ..
0.001%

I feel very blessed to have 4 now McSoapy,Santana emp special, Single cut and now the DGT.

The maple , mahogany and pernambuco necked models are all delightful .. but Rosewood just has a very special ring to it .
I have a 4x4 billet of Cocobolo for a neck through that is the same way , even at that size it rings like a marimba
You’re in the home stretch! Interesting statistics you shared on neck wood. I’m on the same page as you. They all have their specific tone and feel but rosewood necks are my favorite. To me they resonate a bit more (my hand feels like it’s buzzing when I’m playing) and the attack/blossom of the note is just different in a way I really appreciate.

Love
0.001%

Expected as much.

I assume that is the reason I like hog for a neck. Rosewood feels great, but I prefer my PUs scooped and the hog neck compensates for that.

That's the fun part about building instruments for people, balancing the aesthetics , tone wood choices, ergonomics and electronics to match the dream instrument in their head . The Janka scale is also a great baseline as it shows the density of each species. Of course all woods are individual in their tone , just like each instrument .. but like PRS.. they are consistent within genre

Last edited:
WOOHOO she's here! a bit late but that's UPS . The color is MUCH deeper than the pics , just rich looking . It is flawless, not a nick ,scratch or ding anywhere.

Plays like a dream , as others have said .. These sure don't feel like 11's ... really not much different than the 9.5's on my others.. those tall frets do work . After a few hours playing , I won't be going to a lighter set. Quite an epiphany that BIG strings and frets would be so easy to play ..Thank you David and Paul .

Split tones are delightful , especially with a rosey neck . The volumes controls at lower volume levels drop REALLY fas below 7 .
So I cranked it up, and yes that is why .. at gig volume they are just dandy.

The neck feels very much like my Triple Soapy and Santana which is they way I like it deep and narrow.

I can easily add my endorsement as meaningless as it is to this , I can see why it's SO popular. It is the most "natural " feeling guitar I have , all the subtle refinements made on it really make it a players instrument.

Last edited:
WOOHOO she's here! a bit late but that's UPS . The color is MUCH deeper than the pics , just rich looking .
Plays like a dream , as others have said .. These sure don't feel like 11's ... really not much different than the 9.5's on my others.. those tall frets do work .

Split tones are delightful , especially with a rosey neck . The volumes controls at lower volume levels drop REALLY fas below 7 .
So I cranked it up, and yes that is why .. at gig volume they are just dandy.

The neck feels very much like my Triple Soapy and Santana which is they way I like it deep and narrow.

I can easily add my endoresment as meaningless as it is to this , I can see why it's SO popular.
Great news on all fronts! Congrats and enjoy ;~)) Looking forward to the in house photos!!

112503d1717544466-prs-dgt-rosewood-neck-arrival-20240604-jpg
Plugged her into my Boogie/Marshall 4x12 .... OMG !!

Back