NGD - 2020 DGT (with TCI Pickups)

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by MA Pete, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan DGT Player

Also, interesting that they're using the old knobs again. I kinda dig.

2. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan DGT Player

[​IMG]

I'm wondering if my '19, with the binding, has the TCI pickups. Would it say on them?

clmazza, g.wizz, bodia and 2 others like this.
  3. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

A classics beauty Pete!

Does DG prefer a speed knob rather than a lampshade?

4. shimmilou

shimmilou Established in 1963

Outstanding guitar! Congrats

5. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

No, there's nothing on the pick up covers. Might be listed in the modcat, though. I remember you posting the green on on IG when you got it, but I don't remember when that was. I don't think TCI made it into anything before October, 2019.

6. sloanthebone

sloanthebone I love quilts!

dibs ;)

oh and Gratz!

MA Pete likes this.
  7. rickcard71

rickcard71 New Member

Wow, that is beautiful. I love that color on PRSs. I also love non-10 top DGTs. I also love no birds on DGTs like my Standard DGT.

I can’t believe they are putting the old knobs on these now, that is awesome. I love lampshades but love the vintagesque speed knobs.

8. MA Pete

MA Pete SC 594 Addict

Thanks, Rick! Yeah, the speed knobs are growing on me, gives it a retro look.

Funny, I posted the guitar for sale on Reverb today. That might even be a first for me, posting a guitar for sale while the NGD thread is still alive and kicking! :)

I had the 594Fest get-together as documented on the other post, and I wanted to get a killer lineup of the 2020s with TCI pickups to compare with the crew. I got the McCarty and the DGT to represent the 25" vintage voiced PRS Guitars, in combination with the many DC and SC 594s we had there. Both the McCarty and the DGT are great, but the McCarty is more my thing, with a Wide Fat Neck carve and the same flattened jumbo frets on the 594s, so I decided to sell the DGT and keep the McCarty. I love the tones from the DGT, I just don't agree with the narrower string spacing from that neck carve, and the big frets.

The other DG signature product, the DG 30, is a definite keeper, that rocks and is right up my alley! Great amp, and a nice complement to my HXDA and many other Plexi voiced amps, the DG 30 is something a little different, and I dig that about it.

Lazycow and g.wizz like this.
  9. george7117

george7117 New Member

Open up the back. Mine (July 2019) has an extra resistor on the bridge and neck volume pots. This is wired into the same lug as the treble bleed circuit. I "think" mine is "TCI" equipped. Edit: Today I pulled the entire harness out, there are certainly extra resistors on both volume lugs. TCI all day .......

#49 george7117, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  10. Andrew Paul

Andrew Paul The cat's meow

Can’t keep up with your threads.... SWEET guitar! Congrats and enjoy!

11. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

I dig it, Pete!

A most excellent looking specimen, and I’m sure it sounds great. On a personal note, I love the narrower string spacing on the Pattern Regular and DGT necks. For me they play a little faster, probably because it’s what I learned on as a kid.

“They had guitars then?”

“They had to do something with the leftover gourds.”

bodia, Alnus Rubra and Black Plaid like this.
  12. pac90

pac90 In Helix Land, the waters warm

thats interesting, I can't quite see but in the treble bleed circuit photo in thread are they having them in series? my after market has them in parallel.

And if the TCI is just another cap, would be interesting if someone can get the value - they are cheap as chips

13. Domingo Lantigua

Domingo Lantigua New Member

The cap is across lugs 1 and 2. The resistor is from lug 1 to ground

pac90 likes this.
  14. ADD

ADD New Member

“One of these days maybe I will do a Private Stock DGT with a Pattern or Pattern Vintage Neck Carve”

That’s been on my radar as well for quite some time. I had a PS DGT built 7 years ago with the expectation of a WF neck carve but it somehow got lost in the communication exchanges and ended up with a DGT carve. With the recent change of pickups in the PG, I’ve also been thinking of doing a PS Trem equipped PG.

15. GavQuinn

GavQuinn New Member

Sorry guys, but for the sake of information - is everyone sure that the DGT pickups are TCI'd now? The website says the finish was updated for 2020, the pickups aren't mentioned; not surprising if it's a signature guitar.

16. gush

gush She said "huge bag of dibs".

Nice looking guitar!!! I really want to try a DGT.