NGD...and need some help.

Dang!! That's a stellar score!!

Standard humbucker spacing.

When did the Custom 24 come with J birds??

How about a pic of the back of the headstock?

Sweet top!

Here ya go.

5816457181.jpg

My buddy says he has a couple sets of PRS pickups and possibly a nut for it, he just needs to dig them up. He lives a few states away but if I can get them cheap, I might have myself a $500 PRS Custom 24.

Well, he says he can't find them. So if anyone has some pickups they are looking to sell, let me know.

OR
I have played Brian C custom 24s for a few years now and I've got to say the Suhr Aldrich set just work in the CU24 get a new Nut from most any PRS dealer ( for parts John Mann seems to always have them ) if your able to do it yourself you would only be in for $250 ish

Wow. That deal is mental. Congrats on the score. Yeah, I'd probably send it to PTC and let them work their magic.

OR
I have played Brian C custom 24s for a few years now and I've got to say the Suhr Aldrich set just work in the CU24 get a new Nut from most any PRS dealer ( for parts John Mann seems to always have them ) if your able to do it yourself you would only be in for $250 ish

Funny you should say this.....because I just happen to have a set of Aldrich's sitting around new in the box waiting for a guitar to go into....but they're zebra's so I'm not sure how they'd look in this guitar.

Put a P90-Humbucker in the bridge and something like a goldfoil/filtertron/dynasonic/Gretsch-y thing in the neck.

Look for some cool knobs for it (I'm not a fan of 'speed knobs').

Funny you should say this.....because I just happen to have a set of Aldrich's sitting around new in the box waiting for a guitar to go into....but they're zebra's so I'm not sure how they'd look in this guitar.

I'll toss out another vote for the Aldrich. Rider1260 installed a set in the KL-33 I used to have. They were KILLER in that guitar. And, I can also say that they sound great in BrianC's Cu24s

Well, I found a guy who lives about an hour from me who had a set of PRS Dragon II's. I ended-up getting the set for $120 but then he had a bunch of other pickups as well. I bought the PRS pickups, 2 Gibson Classic 57's, a Gibson PAF (he wasn't sure the exact model) and a Seymour Duncan Antiquity from him for $310.

The great thing is was that the guy lived 1.5 miles away from my luthier, so he was able to deliver the pickups to my luthier for me. I figured I can sell most of the other pickups and make enough that the PRS pickups would be free, at the least.

I think I'm going to have my wife run the guitar down to my luthier, have him wire in the pickups, put a new Tusq nut in it, clean-up some of the ends of the frets, and have it all set-up for me by next week.

I'll post some pics when she's done.

That is a fabulous deal. If it were mine, I'd put 5310s in it and make it a quatro.

I have 3 sets of 5310s so that would be easier for me.

Back