NGD...and need some help.

You got the deal of a lifetime. I hope you love the pickups and the guitar. Please post pictures when it's done.
Seriously, this guy should just buy a lottery ticket with random numbers, he's sure to win at this point.
Good God, just get a basic set of Duncan '59s for like $145, a tusq nut for 20, and he then has a $2200 guitar, and that, I believe, is on the lower end of the estimations. Hell, he could even find a used set of pickups for really cheap that'll still sound great, or even pony up a little extra for used PRS Dragon IIs or something, and he's still spent like $600 for a $2200 guitar.
May we all be so blessed!

Also, OP, don't forget to show us the finished product later, and maybe some sound samples.

Seriously, this guy should just buy a lottery ticket with random numbers, he's sure to win at this point.
Good God, just get a basic set of Duncan '59s for like $145, a tusq nut for 20, and he then has a $2200 guitar, and that, I believe, is on the lower end of the estimations. Hell, he could even find a used set of pickups for really cheap that'll still sound great, or even pony up a little extra for used PRS Dragon IIs or something, and he's still spent like $600 for a $2200 guitar.
May we all be so blessed!

Also, OP, don't forget to show us the finished product later, and maybe some sound samples.

Hey Berry,
You must not have seen my last post but I was able to find some Dragon II's along with some Gibson pickups and a Seymour Duncan Antiquity for $310.
The guitar is going to my guitar tech tomorrow, hopefully will be done in a week or two, I'll post some picks then. I think when it's all said and done, I'll have maybe a little over $500 into it.

So, a local mom and pop shop listed this PRS on my local craigslist. They said it's been in their back room forever and no one knows where it came from, how it got there, and what it was even there for. I bought it for $380 + tax.

Are they going out of business?

You'd think a guitar shop would know that's a Custom 24 10 top & they could get a lot more for it, even in that condition.

Congrats to you for being able to see a good deal when you see one & acting on it.

Back